Are you getting a signal from 321, 593 & 594 (post here)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm in Carmel Valley, CA (between S.F and L. A.) and have 321. I didn't bother with the other stations as I don't mind the day delay and wouldn't bother with the sd feed. Besides, I might miss the Sony commercial on the sd feeds.

Shelly

The Denver area does not receive 321, 593 or 594. NBC has limited the programming to ONLY the local channel, which reportedly will broadcast the highlights on a 1 day delay. For the people around here who are having trouble with OTA, that's a real bummer if they wanted to watch the Olympics.

Thanks to Voom for Olympic feeds

In my opinion Voom has done a great job with the NBC feeds for the Olympics. I tuned to the SD feed and that also looked great (compaired to my local cable co). I do not view the Olympics often but it will be nice to tune to them whenever I want. When I told my wife about it and she saw it she was estatic. She is the big Olympic watcher of the household. ;)

re Olympics "subscribe and get" = don't get on 321 et al

No wonder Voom gets ripped, when they send out confusing messages like this. :no

Yes that does hurt Voom from certain people. Maybe Voom can remove the channels from peoples guides who are not able to get it. Sometimes it makes it worse when you can see the channel in your guide and you are not able to tune to it -v- not seeing it at all. Now people should also realize that it is not Vooms fault that they are not eligible. NBC is the one who determined what DMA's had the ability to receive the channels Via satellite - V* D* or E* period.

Connecticut

I'm in Connecticut:

1-I get 321 (NBCHD) Yeah!! :D

2-The CSR told me I'm not eligible to get the other two feeds (593, 594). :rolleyes:

Martin-

riffjim4069 said:
Oh woe is poor Sniffle. :river No pity for those who don't bother to read this Forum, both the e-mail and snail mail from VOOM regarding NBC's Olympic coverage, and finally VOOM's website, "*Availability of NBC and NBC HDTV varies based on customer location." http://www.voom.com/lp/olympics.jsp

What more do you need? !sadroll

a list of locations would be nice. One of the other satallite providers, I forget if it was Dish or Directv, had a list of areas - I was in their areas, but apparently am not in V*'s area, which makes no sense at all.

I get it OTA, so it doesn't matter a whole lot - I thought the V* feed would have less compression as the local cleveland station splits their digital station into 3 channels. HD, SD, and radar loop.

wow your cable must be horrible, b/c I was going to post that 594 looks really bad, like almost Tennis channel bad, but didn't want to complain b/c lots of people aren't getting anything.

If there's any consolation I just turned to 593 to watch the live diving, but you know, I changed the channel right away. I can't stand compressed SD channels. Same thing on Dish. I guess I am not going to watch any olympic live events until 2006 when NBC tries to show HD live.

r.jones1116 said:
E-mail your local station. They're responsible for this BS. NBC sucks anyways!

I did in fact email my local station and was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with the service I got. My local station is KIEM Channel 3 (NBC) in Eureka CA. I contacted them hoping a waiver would get me the NBC HD feed but a waiver does not help. The manager contacted voom and got all the details, then emailed me back. Wow, thats all I can say, because there really was nothing in it for him.

Instead, email NBC and complain. THey should WANT us to watch their channel-thats why they are in business!

--Dan

Sean Mota said:
topics merged

Why was my topic thanking Voom for the channels merged with are you getting the NBC feeds topic. To me this is showing my appreciation for them providing it not whether or not I am getting the channel.? In my opinion there is to much BS in this post to have a sign of apreciation shown on the subject. In my opinion to many things are getting merged making threads so large that it is annoying to search through a 5 or 6 page thread to find what you are looking for.

Not one channel here, I can't even get local channels, the only way I can watch the Olympics is using a pair of binoculars and watching my neighbors cable. :mad:

I give VOOM :down on this one...why make these channels only available to large cities who already get the feed through local channels?

I'm in SF Area... others are reporting they have the channels, I am getting "subscribe" message... Any idea why I'm not getting the channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)