Are you still having problems with your VOOM box (OTA Problems)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at second post above. Send zip and specific issues to Sean. Wait a few days for remapping to get workked out then do a factory reset & front panel reset as documented in the main sticky thread.

jdanielurx,

I sent your OTA information to VOOM. They have sent the request to Tribune. There are others that have sent me information but have not posted in this thread. I also sent your information. If you get the problem resolved, please let us know by posting here so that we can take you off the list of problems.

Ok, here's someone who I do not recognize as posting here. Dan an email was also sent to you.

emailed by to Sean: dshanbeck
My install was Dec 17 and box swapped Jan 31. Most of my mapped OTA Dtv is good except for those out of range of the Stealth. Neither of the boxes have seen WEDUDT 3.5 even though 3.1 and 3.2 are fine. I have heard that no Voomer in this area has seen 3.5. Any help would be welcome, as I miss the fine PBS shows listed in my Voom program guide. .

Response:

This is a good one - interesting that there are three channels, and we have them designated .1, .2 and .5. I have requested Motorola to remap the last channel to 54.3 (FCC digital channel), and we will see what happens. Once I have confirm that this is done, can you reach out and see if it can be tuned?

Should be today.

Saw your post about this - we have remapped the channel, could you try to tune it and let me know if it works? If it does not tune, please do a "factory reset", then try again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

VOOM Factory Reset

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VOOM
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2 SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

Press "6" to initiate the reset.

The Factory Reset causes the set-top box to clear most non-volatile memory and take the set-top box back to a factory initialized state. Upon completion of the reset, the set-top box returns to the System Configuration menu.

Please allow 10 minutes for the box to fully reset and reacquire guide data. Some viewers have reported needing to power cycle the box (front panel "power") and/or toggle resolution modes using the red button behind the lower right front panel door (when second light bar from the top is lit, that is 780i, which is often the optimum setting).

Here's another one. Fuzzy I emailed you as well.

Emailed to Sean from FUZZY (Larry)

OFF AIR MAPPING SHOWING #59(DAYTON) SHOULD BE #58(RICHMOND-PETERSBURG)

CHANNEL LIST FOR MY AREA

STATION CHANNEL AFFILIATE CITY FREQ. ASSIGNMENT

WRIC-DT 8.1 ABC PETERSBURG,VA. 22
WWBT-DT 12.1 NBC RICHMOND,VA. 54
WTVR-DT 25.1 CBS RICHMOND,VA. 25
WRLH-DT 35.1 FOX RICHMOND,VA. 26
WVIR-DT 29.1 NBC CHARLOTTESVILLE,VA. 32 (WITH-IN 10 MILES)

THANKS

LARRY

Response:

Sean,

Here is what we currently have (disregard the DMA ranking - this changes each year. Viewer is getting Richmond DMA)

Ch Name DMA Rank FCC Dig Ch FCC An Ch
WRICDT (WRIC-DT) 58 22.1 8
WWBTDT (WWBT-DT) 58 54.1 12
WWBTDT2 (WWBT-DT2) 58 54.2 12
WWBTDT3 (WWBT-DT3) 58 54.3 12
WRLHDT (WRLH-DT) 58 26.1 35
WUPVDT (WUPV-DT) 58 47.1 65

Looks like two are missing: WVIR (This is in Charlottesville DMA, our next major code release, due April, will allow for multi-DMA maps (can't do it now), and WTVR (NAB does not even list this channel - I will check with Tribune on status).

So, I'll request one, and the other is just a "hang on a wait for code" issue.

Sean,your rapid response to our PBS-challenged VOOM experience here in the Tampa area is much appreciated. Following the advice in the responses, I did a power-button reset--held in 15 sec--and waited for 5 min. My formerly DOA channel 3.5 reappeared as 3.3 with superb HD for the first time ever! My thanks to both you and Peter for correcting the mapping of WEDUDT 3.3. You did overnite what phone calls, e-mails, action reports,and service calls could not. TWO THUMBS UP! DAN

Not sure if this is a problem or just a setting.

I can't seem to get my local digital channels displayed in widescreen. It crops it down to a 4:3 format with black bars on the side. Even HD local content shows in 4:3.

Also, it seems that the picture is not centered. On WORLDSPORTS HD when showing highlights it seems too flushed to the left. (Cuts off letters)

HDNEWS's logo on the bottom rights looks off. The "N" in the logo seems to have a tiny little bit cut off? Is this the way it is on your set or is it just me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

pOiNTBLaNK said:
Not sure if this is a problem or just a setting.

I can't seem to get my local digital channels displayed in widescreen. It crops it down to a 4:3 format with black bars on the side. Even HD local content shows in 4:3.

Also, it seems that the picture is not centered. On WORLDSPORTS HD when showing highlights it seems too flushed to the left. (Cuts off letters)

HDNEWS's logo on the bottom rights looks off. The "N" in the logo seems to have a tiny little bit cut off? Is this the way it is on your set or is it just me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pointblank,

there is a centering feature on the VOOM box. I had to use it to center mine up. Bring up the VOOM guide and press the yellow "Options" button ( I think that's the one as I am at work) Look thru all the choices and you should find the centering selection so you can adjust the picture location.

Welcome aboard!
Rick

pOiNTBLaNK said:
Thanks Rick.

What about my 4:3 issue?

You could also try the Stretch option under the settings menu. I believe is under video format. I do not guarantee that it will completely fill your screen as others have said that it did not. I do not use this feature as I rather see 4:3 material without distortion. Again, try it and see if it works.

pmalve,

I received your email. I have requested that your OTA mapping be changed from NYC to Philadelphia. Let's wait and see what happens. I will let you know.

soledade,

I emailed you the following information regarding you OTA mapping problem.

Answer:

Sean,

I sent it to Tribune, but NAB does not list this channel, and Antennaweb does not show it for viewer's zip code.

Your Request:
The only channel missing from my mapping is:

XETV FOX 23.1

This is the San Diego FOX affiliate, however as you can probably tell from the call letters their tower is in Tijuana, Mexico. I read that you can help with mapping problems. Do you think VOOM can add this station to my zipcode?

soledade,
More news from Tribune.

"We will be adding it next week (in Tribune feed Monday, probably in map by Wednesday at the latest). I still have doubts if it will be receivable, we'll see."

Let us know if you are able to get it.

GeneWildershair,

Just got this. I will also send you an e-mail.

"We moved him to Sacramento. He might have to do a reset - give him a ring, and let me know what happens..."

Original Request:

Requested by: GeneWildershair

if I go to the pg page on Voom's website and type in my zip code, I can see all the right channels mapped, including those that are on my box now, that I have no way of getting, even with the biggest of antennas! (there's a mountain between me and the towers).

this list is the list of channels mapped on my box, that I cannot recieve:
2.1 KTVU
4.1 KRON
5.1 KPIX
7.1 KGO
7.2 KGO
9.1 KQED
9.2 KQED
9.4 KQED
9.5 KQED
11.1 KNTV
20.1 KBWB
22.1 KRCB
22.2 KRCB
22.3 KRCB
26.1 KTSF
36.1 KICU
38.1 KCNS
42.1 KTNCD
44.1 KBHK
48.1 KSTS
60.1 KCSM
60.2 KCSM
65.1 KKPX

The channels listed on their site, that are not mapped to my box, that I can receive with ease are:
3.1 KCRA
6.1 KVIE
10.1 KXTV
13.1 KOVR
13.2 KOVR
40.1 KTXL
40.2 KTXL
58.1 KQCA
31.1 KMAX~ this one is not listed on their site as being mapped. but I can get this one in too. It's tower is near these others here that I listed.

Again thanks for all the Help Sean!

GeneWildershair said:
That's great Sean, they are not in the guide now, but how exactly do I do a factory reset?

VOOM Factory Reset

Press the following buttons on the remote control unit:
a. VOOM
b. Green Button (To access Options and Settings screen)
c. Select "System Settings" menu option
d. Select option 8 "Installation Settings"
e. Press "9 8 8" on the remote control unit.
f. The "System Configuration" menu will have the following options:
(1) Manual Tune
(2 SD Audio & Video Test
(3) HD Audio & Video Test
(4) Modem Setup & Test
(5) Authorization Reset
(6) Factory Reset
(7) Audio Test Mode

Press "6" to initiate the reset.

The Factory Reset causes the set-top box to clear most non-volatile memory and take the set-top box back to a factory initialized state. Upon completion of the reset, the set-top box returns to the System Configuration menu.

Please allow 10 minutes for the box to fully reset and reacquire guide data. Some viewers have reported needing to power cycle the box (front panel "power") and/or toggle resolution modes using the red button behind the lower right front panel door (when second light bar from the top is lit, that is 780i, which is often the optimum setting).

Thanks for all your help Sean! You got it done! I have all the right channels now! It's funny I didn't think this would be a big issue for me, because I was using the directv box for my OTA channels as well D* programming. But I've got to honestly say, since I've gotten Voom, I don't switch on D* much anymore, and would rather have my locals on Voom, since I use that box more. Again thank you!

No problem Gene. As I sit here and read your post, I know there are customer who had requested other OTA channels and I know they are wondering why not me. I ask for your patience as I am also waiting to hear news. I will pass it along as soon as I get it.

I know how frustrated this could be since I find myself without OTA on my newer box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts