arguing to get $77

tasmithe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
I called in yesterday to renew my subscription and had to argue with what was obviously an Indian fellow (don't they have ANYONE in the US?) who refused to transfer me to the U.S. and claimed he couldn't give me the $77 rate which I know others were able to get. So, I just hung up on him and called back in and got a very nice woman (also obviously Indian) who said yes right away to the $77 for each of my 2 radios. The rub is that I did have to end up paying the music royalty fees (thanks to the US congress) but that was only $8 and some change so I didn't argue about that.

I guess this will be an every year chore with them. Even $77 is too much but it's better than $144 plus royalty of $21+ . And they wonder why folks are dropping them?

I called in yesterday to renew my subscription and had to argue with what was obviously an Indian fellow (don't they have ANYONE in the US?) who refused to transfer me to the U.S. and claimed he couldn't give me the $77 rate which I know others were able to get. So, I just hung up on him and called back in and got a very nice woman (also obviously Indian) who said yes right away to the $77 for each of my 2 radios. The rub is that I did have to end up paying the music royalty fees (thanks to the US congress) but that was only $8 and some change so I didn't argue about that.

I guess this will be an every year chore with them. Even $77 is too much but it's better than $144 plus royalty of $21+ . And they wonder why folks are dropping them?

They didn't offer you the 5 months for $20 deal? I am on my second 5 month deal with them now. This last time, I didn't realize what my resub date was up and they automatically renewed me at 3 months for $42.95, but they sent me a email telling them to call and request the 5 for $20 deal and they would make an adjustment.

Nope....and the first "Indian" was extremely rude and refused to connect me to a supervisor...said it could be up to a 3 hour wait since one wasn't available. I suspect none is "ever available". They don't even post their corp number in the U.S. for people to complain to....or not that I have seen. If anyone has that # I'd be grateful. They need to know what their "paying" customers think of their customer care lines.

Nope....and the first "Indian" was extremely rude and refused to connect me to a supervisor...said it could be up to a 3 hour wait since one wasn't available. I suspect none is "ever available". They don't even post their corp number in the U.S. for people to complain to....or not that I have seen. If anyone has that # I'd be grateful. They need to know what their "paying" customers think of their customer care lines.

Sirius Satellite Radio?
78 reviews - more info »
1221 Ave of the Americas # 19
New York, NY 10020-1001
(212) 584-5100

Try that

I don't think they have the phone number on thier website for those that may need help or with to sign up even.
It takes me a while to find just that to renew every year.

I just canceled XM after having Sirius and/or XM since sometime around 2002/2003. I was thinking about re-upping using one of those deals, but quite honestly with my iPhone and iheartradio, pandora and a couple of other radio apps there really isn't the need. I even have an app that mirrors Stern's west coast feed called Howard 101.5 and it's free. With smart phones, blue tooth, and radio apps I can't believe SiriusXM is still charging those fees. Especially since the variety and sound quality is so much better using the apps. I can't imagine I will ever go back to them even though I was nervous at first when I left. It's been about two months now, and I do have to say that I am happy not to be paying them just so I can listen to my radio anymore.

I just canceled XM after having Sirius and/or XM since sometime around 2002/2003. I was thinking about re-upping using one of those deals, but quite honestly with my iPhone and iheartradio, pandora and a couple of other radio apps there really isn't the need. I even have an app that mirrors Stern's west coast feed called Howard 101.5 and it's free. With smart phones, blue tooth, and radio apps I can't believe SiriusXM is still charging those fees. Especially since the variety and sound quality is so much better using the apps. I can't imagine I will ever go back to them even though I was nervous at first when I left. It's been about two months now, and I do have to say that I am happy not to be paying them just so I can listen to my radio anymore.

Yup, listening to the radio from the speakers on the cell phones are just an AWESOME experience :rolleyes:

Aux in, FM Modulator, Tape Adaptor, PIE Adaptor, etc. Any way you can listen to an iPod or plug and play satellite radio receiver in your car you can do the same with your phone. After all it's just a 1/8 mini plug. I use my Evo and a tape adaptor to listen to SiriusXM Online and Pandora in my work truck.

Ok, gotcha, I forgot about that.
I may end up using that for my work truck seeng I'm having issues with the radio and antenna with it .... now ill need another chargver for my phone, will it never end ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
Yup, listening to the radio from the speakers on the cell phones are just an AWESOME experience :rolleyes:

Yeah, like my stereo in my truck is a new 2011 Pioneer model. USB, SD card and Bluetooth. I use an iPod cable for my iPhone and if you think I was joking about it sounding better than XM or Sirius I suggest you try it. In the meantime I will be enjoying my free music from my apps and pandora and ipod while you pay for it and roll your eyes at me.

Yeah, like my stereo in my truck is a new 2011 Pioneer model. USB, SD card and Bluetooth. I use an iPod cable for my iPhone and if you think I was joking about it sounding better than XM or Sirius I suggest you try it. In the meantime I will be enjoying my free music from my apps and pandora and ipod while you pay for it and roll your eyes at me.

I don't have a problem giving them $ 100 a year for XM and the BOS, I feel thats a decent price.
It actually ended up being less than that, I have 3 radios and got it for $ 260.

I have the XM and BOS for around $100 a year, last re-upped in July.
called today to add Internet listening for my new pad and couldn't get it free, but it was only $10 for the four months until my year is up.

I tried to get them to reup my year now and they would not, but with four months left I didn't fight too hard.

A friend of mine just bought the Pioneer radio for her Liberty, has all that stuff in it, pretty cool if you use the iPod cable, controls the music from your iPod on the radio, also does the XM and has Bluetooth and can answer her phone thru the radio speakers. :up

Is it safe to assume then that people who stream music from their Iphones in their vehicles are the reason companies like at&t are changing their rate plans because of excessive bandwidth use by a small percentage of their customers? I'm sure streaming Pandora from your Iphone while driving uses quite a bit of bandwidth does it not?

It’s because AT&T is run by a bunch of greedy pigs and they want to punish users who want to use their crappy network. AT&T is too cheap to put up new towers and add bandwidth so they use caps as a deterrent. Between Pandora and Sirius XM I stream 50-60 hours a week on my Evo, depending on how many hours I put in at work in a particular week. I do about 5-6GB/month of data transfer on my phone. Sprint seems pretty committed to unlimited data, unlike like those hogs at AT&T and Craprizon, so no worries here.

Although I think the caps suck, I understand why they do it. Wireless internet as of right now is a limited resource, and the caps insure people at least think about the Internet they are using. Sprint does not have to worry about it because they have a very small customer base; if they were as big as AT&T and Verizon rest assured they wouldn't be as "committed".

That being said, I was grandfathered into the unlimited data plan with AT&T and will hold on to it until they make me give it up. Which probably won't be to long since the crackdown on unauthorized wifi hotspot apps began.

Just called to cancel and was offered the $77/year plan. Took it!

Came up to $108.20 for Sirius Everything and online listening for 1 year. Not bad I guess.

Next year I'll see what they offer. I love listening in my truck and at work on my iPhone or iPod. The guy did offer to allow me to add a 2nd online listening account for my wife for only the $2.99/month price but, she passed on the offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)