Attention current NFL ST Subs! - Discounts.

Did you get a discount?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called just to see if I get get the redzone channel for free. I signed up in November of 2010 for Directv after being with dish since 1998, and LOVED the redzone channel on dish.

I talked to a very nice rep. on Sunday morning, 9-11-11, and asked about the redzone, he told me that it wasn't available without ST. He told me that ST was on 'special' for the opening weekend of the NFL, I asked how much it would be, $299 was the answer. After politely refusing that price, he came back and said how about $129?? $129 discount?, I asked, no $129 for the ST package, sold.

I didn't expect to ever get ST, but the offer was too good to believe. I'm not sure if I will do ST every season, but if they give me this price, it would be hard to say no.

If you call to cancel, and you keep resisting their first, second, third, etc. offers, You can get NFL ST for free. Thats all I am saying :)

Oh yeah, I am a 364 day subscriber of DirecTV with autopay.

If you call to cancel, and you keep resisting their first, second, third, etc. offers, You can get NFL ST for free. Thats all I am saying :)

Oh yeah, I am a 364 day subscriber of DirecTV with autopay.

I have been a subscriber for 10 months. The best I could get was $120 for the Sunday Ticket and no discount on the To Go. I called retentions a few times but everytime they had documented when I previously called and what was offered to me. They said I am already getting a lot of credits and cannot offer it for free.

Not everyone will get the same discounts, and if for example, you got denied of a discount once and its on the notes you are more likely 99% of the time if you call back, to do not get the discount, unless you are a loyal cust and have a good payment history, thats the main key to get discounts.

And to be honest to the person that says to resist their first, second offer, etc, if you are a 1 year cust with D*, to be honest, you dont get ST for free, you just got lucky, probably the rep was not in the mood of having you in a call or actually just felt in a good good mood just to give it out to you as free, cause Im pretty sure that is going to happen 1 every 1000 calls.

Yup, your Payment history (1 year doesn't generally do it) longevity (how long you been with them) and not asking for Credits thruout the year also helps as they can only give out so much ...

If your one that tells us that you got the HBO/Cine deal last 3 months and the Showtime deal for 3 as well and a 6 month $ 10 p/m deal too, THAT's a lot of credits for a year, chances are if you call and want discounts on ST, your not getting them or very little.

I generally ONLY call for anything when ST is coming up, so if I haven't called, they have more to offer.
I'm also a long time sub, have autopay, have NEVER missed a payment.

Yup, your Payment history (1 year doesn't generally do it) longevity (how long you been with them) and not asking for Credits thruout the year also helps as they can only give out so much ...

If your one that tells us that you got the HBO/Cine deal last 3 months and the Showtime deal for 3 as well and a 6 month $ 10 p/m deal too, THAT's a lot of credits for a year, chances are if you call and want discounts on ST, your not getting them or very little.

I generally ONLY call for anything when ST is coming up, so if I haven't called, they have more to offer.
I'm also a long time sub, have autopay, have NEVER missed a payment.

That's the only time I call is for the ST.

I had Premier Package and never missed a payment since I've gotten DTV.
5 years and counting :)

Not everyone will get the same discounts, and if for example, you got denied of a discount once and its on the notes you are more likely 99% of the time if you call back, to do not get the discount, unless you are a loyal cust and have a good payment history, thats the main key to get discounts.

And to be honest to the person that says to resist their first, second offer, etc, if you are a 1 year cust with D*, to be honest, you dont get ST for free, you just got lucky, probably the rep was not in the mood of having you in a call or actually just felt in a good good mood just to give it out to you as free, cause Im pretty sure that is going to happen 1 every 1000 calls.

That may be true, but I did exactly what I learned here and it worked the first time. I was ready to really cancel my service (at the end of the month) and it worked. If it didnt, i was just going ro call back and uncancel in a week or so.I also got ST for free last year when I signed up. I may be scamming the system, but the fact is I am a customer, and if they are willing to give me a deal, I am going to take it. The truth is I didn't lie to them, I CAN get most everything I watch through other, cheaper services, like online services. The only thing I need direcTV for is live sports, and if I can't afford what I watch the most of (ST), then what's the point of keeping them? That seems to strike a nerve with them.

I really don't understand DirecTv's method for giving out freebies and credits. I had the service beginning in 2002-July 2010. Never was late on a payment.

Last July, through a promo with Best Buy, there were offering all kinds of discounts for new customers on the service, plus up to $350 in Best Buy gift cards with the purchase of a HDTV. So, I canceled the service in my name, the signed up under my wife's name. We bought a TV, got the $350 gift cards, sold them locally for $300, and got all kinds of monthly discounts on the DTV service. Plus, after having free Showtime & Starz for 3 months, we called to cancel and they gave it to us for half off for another 6 months. Then, when I called the other day now that we are 15 months into our 2 year agreement, the first offer I got from retention was free ST and $20 off per month for 12 months. Great deal.

What is really strange to me is last year, when I called to cancel the service in my name so we could then set up new service in my wife's name for the discounts, the only thing the retention rep offered was something like $15.00 off for a year. I was out of contract and had been with them for 8 years. It makes no sense why they wouldn't offer something better to a longtime loyal customer. Then this week I get a great offer as a 15 month customer? Huh?

So, in the end, after canceling my 8 year old account and signing up for new service, I am saving over $30/month compared to what I was paying before, ended up with a great HDTV for a little over $200 after selling the Best Buy Gift Cards, got ST for free and another year of a $20 credit per month, keeping the monthly service cost low.

When it comes to credits, there seems to be absolutely no method to DTV's madness.

Well, I called last night, hoping just to get a little relief on my monthly cost. No big deal, just wanted to see what I could get. Every little bit helps, right? :)
First, my stats...
We've just passed our 6 year anniversary with DTV 3 weeks ago (been with them off & on for 10+ yrs)
Haven't had any late payment issues in probably 5 yrs.
Our package includes:
Premier package
HD Extra Pack
MLB Extra Innings (1st yr with it)
NFL Sunday Ticket (have had for all 6 yrs)
NHL Center Ice (2nd yr with it)
Whole Home DVR
Monthly Protection Plan
1 HR24-200
2 H23-600
So while I'm happy as all hell with all of it, it's gotten a bit pricey lately. My last months bill was $267.57. :eek: :)
Before anyone suggests cutting back, I've thought about it, but, admittedly I just don't want to. I really like what I have, so I just wanted to see if they could show me some love.
So here's what the guy in retention gave me after our long & pleasant conversation:
$20.00 off Sunday Ticket for 6 months
$5.00 off premier package for 6 months
for a grand total of $25.00 off my bill for the next 6 months. Bummer. :( Can't say I wasn't hoping for a little more love than that, but I guess it's better than nothing. $25 is $25.
It's all good.
So there was my episode of DirecTV roulette. Just thought I'd share, and also 1 more thing..... :director:GO STEELERS!!

I think you may be mis interpreting what they gave you as I received similar. You are getting 25 off per month for 6 months or $ 150 total

Yeah, I know, and I'm not really complaining, I'm fine with what I was given... just hoping to hit that credit lottery some others have hit, and get a little more discount on the Sunday Ticket. Really no biggie though, I'm still happy as a pig in mud!

Well, I called last night, hoping just to get a little relief on my monthly cost. No big deal, just wanted to see what I could get. Every little bit helps, right? :)
First, my stats...
We've just passed our 6 year anniversary with DTV 3 weeks ago (been with them off & on for 10+ yrs)
Haven't had any late payment issues in probably 5 yrs.
Our package includes:
Premier package
HD Extra Pack
MLB Extra Innings (1st yr with it)
NFL Sunday Ticket (have had for all 6 yrs)
NHL Center Ice (2nd yr with it)
Whole Home DVR
Monthly Protection Plan
1 HR24-200
2 H23-600
So while I'm happy as all hell with all of it, it's gotten a bit pricey lately. My last months bill was $267.57. :eek: :)
Before anyone suggests cutting back, I've thought about it, but, admittedly I just don't want to. I really like what I have, so I just wanted to see if they could show me some love.
So here's what the guy in retention gave me after our long & pleasant conversation:
$20.00 off Sunday Ticket for 6 months
$5.00 off premier package for 6 months
for a grand total of $25.00 off my bill for the next 6 months. Bummer. :( Can't say I wasn't hoping for a little more love than that, but I guess it's better than nothing. $25 is $25.
It's all good.
So there was my episode of DirecTV roulette. Just thought I'd share, and also 1 more thing..... :director:GO STEELERS!!

was the early bird renewal for Center Ice on last months bill? Also last month was it last month for EI?

I think thats why your bill was in the 260 range.

Ok, I didnt see the premier package, that is like 118.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts