Attention current NFL ST Subs! - Discounts.

Did you get a discount?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been with DTV for 4 years now and always get ST. I just called tonight and asked if there was a sunday ticket dept. She said they have a special promotions dept. and transferred me. The guy first offered $5/6 months. Then I asked if he could check for more promos and he came back with $10/6 months. Then I just flat out asked if there was any sort of $20/6 months deal. He put me on hold for about 20 seconds, and then came back and said he found that deal.

This guy didn't sound like a veteran CSR. Do they have different levels of reps? I was thinking maybe he only had limited deals he could offer without getting approval from a supervisor or something.

I've been with DTV for 4 years now and always get ST. I just called tonight and asked if there was a sunday ticket dept. She said they have a special promotions dept. and transferred me. The guy first offered $5/6 months. Then I asked if he could check for more promos and he came back with $10/6 months. Then I just flat out asked if there was any sort of $20/6 months deal. He put me on hold for about 20 seconds, and then came back and said he found that deal.

This guy didn't sound like a veteran CSR. Do they have different levels of reps? I was thinking maybe he only had limited deals he could offer without getting approval from a supervisor or something.

Yes, there is definitely different levels of reps that can do what they are able to.
If you talk to Retentions dept, they can usually give the best deals.

Just called in to cancel ST & Center Ice. Annoyed with the NFL labor BS and don't feel like I can't do without it. NHL's a different story...team went a complete overhaul which doesn't make me happy, so I'm skipping that this year too.

Regarding the ST cancellation, the CSR immediately offered the $20/6 months deal, no mention of ST To-Go or any concern that I was canceling Center Ice at the same time. $120 off wasn't enough of an incentive for me to stay with ST since I'm not that interested this year. Maybe halfway through the season my interest will change and I'll look at a half-season package (not that I remember those being any kind of deal, either).

BTW, the CSR told me the $20/6mo promo was running until the 31st, so if I changed my mind, I could call back in and get it.

Just called in to cancel ST & Center Ice. Annoyed with the NFL labor BS and don't feel like I can't do without it. NHL's a different story...team went a complete overhaul which doesn't make me happy, so I'm skipping that this year too.

Regarding the ST cancellation, the CSR immediately offered the $20/6 months deal, no mention of ST To-Go or any concern that I was canceling Center Ice at the same time. $120 off wasn't enough of an incentive for me to stay with ST since I'm not that interested this year. Maybe halfway through the season my interest will change and I'll look at a half-season package (not that I remember those being any kind of deal, either).

BTW, the CSR told me the $20/6mo promo was running until the 31st, so if I changed my mind, I could call back in and get it.

I dont know for sure, but I doubt their will be a better deal like this(20/6 Months) during season.

Basically, you might have to pay like 200 for half season, which is what I am paying plus a few bucks for full season of ST.

I dont know for sure, but I doubt their will be a better deal like this(20/6 Months) during season.

Basically, you might have to pay like 200 for half season, which is what I am paying plus a few bucks for full season of ST.
Yeah, I realize this. I'm really not holding out for s better deal...I'm just not that interested in this season. Don't know why other than the lockout stuff over the summer. I've been with directv for 17 yrs and have had ST & CI every year it's been available so this is a big change. Right now I don't feel like I'm gonna miss it.

The free deal for new subs doesn't really enter into it because I know that's how things are done & the cellphone companies have been doing it for ages.

This is the first time I won't have ticket this year as well. I was able to swing redzone so between that and the games that are shown I will see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Yeah, I realize this. I'm really not holding out for s better deal...I'm just not that interested in this season. Don't know why other than the lockout stuff over the summer. I've been with directv for 17 yrs and have had ST & CI every year it's been available so this is a big change. Right now I don't feel like I'm gonna miss it.

The free deal for new subs doesn't really enter into it because I know that's how things are done & the cellphone companies have been doing it for ages.

I hear ya, I was very frustrated myself, had they cancelled half, I wouldnt of gotten it.

Might wanna call them up and if you have been a ST sub, which I think u have, they might give ya RedZone channel free for the season. Some have had that happen for them.

Auto renew program, been a customer for 3 years. Just got the ticket for 18.99 a month and free on the go. It's actually a 35.00 a month credit for 6 months. I'm super happy this year. The whole Sunday ticket and On the Go for $113.94!

As a long time lurker thanks guys for the site. As a now medical retired wounded warrior, i call DT to cancel ST and other channels. The lady asked why and i told her I have to cut corners everywhere and received ST for free. When all my finances are straightened out i will renew ST at a discount rate but not free like this year. I believe in paying for services which was the reason for cancellation. One reason I think it is free this year because I have had ST since day one and even received settlement money when someone sued DTV for ST.

ST for one time price of $160

DTV since 1997 no contract
called Retention yesterday got HD for Free 2 years had to go with auto pay. cool....
got it last year for 12 months without auto pay.
got ST for one time price of $160 happy here.
got $120 right off, then asked about one time price
thanks guys for the tread.

DTV since 1997 no contract
called Retention yesterday got HD for Free 2 years had to go with auto pay. cool....
got it last year for 12 months without auto pay.
got ST for one time price of $160 happy here.
got $120 right off, then asked about one time price
thanks guys for the tread.

$ 120 Off doesn't make $ 160 ???? :confused:

I'm addicted

I got $20 off for 6 months

Called and talked to retention (said cancel twice at start of call). Ended up getting the $20 x 6 off and another $5 x 6 off. Sad thing is that I was actually calling to cancel ST this year as things are a little tight.................but I caved in and accepted that offer. It's like a drug, once you have it, it is hard to give it up. Thing is this Sunday is 18th wedding anniversary and will miss most of the games on opening weekend:(:eek::eek:

Ok, I finally found time to call D* and check on discounts for the ST.

I was able to get the ST and the To Go for a total of $ 160 for the year.

Thank you Dave from D* as you MAY see this post !

Called today, said cancel twice to get to retention. Told the very friendly CSR I wanted to know the ETF fee as we were looking to switch to cable for rebates and the Red Zone Channel. Also told her that I'm getting my roof replaced in October and I don't want to hassle with having to get the dish remounted. She confirmed the ETF fee was $220 as we have 11 months left on the contract. I asked if I could just schedule the disconnect for the end of the month. At this point, she immediately offered ST for free plus $20/month credit for 12 months. After she did that, she said she noted the account so when I call in October to have them remount the dish, they will waive the $50 fee. The whole thing took all of about 5 minutes.

Called today, said cancel twice to get to retention. Told the very friendly CSR I wanted to know the ETF fee as we were looking to switch to cable for rebates and the Red Zone Channel. Also told her that I'm getting my roof replaced in October and I don't want to hassle with having to get the dish remounted. She confirmed the ETF fee was $220 as we have 11 months left on the contract. I asked if I could just schedule the disconnect for the end of the month. At this point, she immediately offered ST for free plus $20/month credit for 12 months. After she did that, she said she noted the account so when I call in October to have them remount the dish, they will waive the $50 fee. The whole thing took all of about 5 minutes.

So .... you no longer wish to cancel and go to Cable ?

Glad to see many got the discount!
This thread is a success!

Glad to see many got the discount!
This thread is a success!

Many have got A discount ....

There is NO set discount, it goes by your Credit history (as in Paying on time) and the amount of other freebies and whatnot you may have recvd thru the year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)