Attention current NFL ST Subs! - Discounts.

Did you get a discount?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Called a few days ago, just told truth, I paid less last yr, and only got like a 15.00 off this yr for the 53.99 for 6 months. So he right away said let me take a look, guy was awesome, he chatted me up about my 49ers and such. Said 20.00 off for 6 months. So 120.00 off the ticket, and then he asked If i was interested in the To Go, which I got last yr for my dad, and I asked how much, he said actually its free for you, I said cool.

I thanked him and was on my way. I have never had an issue with them ever. I dont agree with the Ticket price, but thats the NFL for ya. But DirecTV has done so much for me and others. 2 months back got 2 HD DVRs free. And now this, I love DirecTV. Now on my 5th yr of the Ticket, never going back to Cable.

Key is, be nice, and ask for the ST department, normal CSRs wont do anything, they really dont have the power i guess.

Discount

Called the other night. The operator said that there was nothing that she could do. Switched me to cancellation dept. The woman there first said, free HBO for 3 months. I said bye bye. Then $5 rebate for 6 months. Bye bye. Then $10 rebate for 6 months. Bye bye. Finally what my goal was. $20 off for 6 months. So I'm paying ($330 - $120) = $210. I'm happy. I'm sure they're happy. I got the baseball for free in April so I'm really happy with them. Just hate the bargining.

Anyone that pays $330 is crazy. For a lousy 16 Sundays (1st one is free anyway) that's a ripoff.

just called and was told there are no deals for existing customer they must pay full price

mdram said:
just called and was told there are no deals for existing customer they must pay full price

Ditto and I even pulled out the "I am a new customer with less than 6 months of service" sympathy card :-(

i'm prepared to talk with retentions if I have to this year. Its too much and if they don't want to give me a deal, I don't mind canceling.

Lkr said:
i'm prepared to talk with retentions if I have to this year. Its too much and if they don't want to give me a deal, I don't mind canceling.

I would not worry about calling "Retention", I talked with them last year about ST and they helped out, I appologized for dealing with Retention, she told me Not to worry about it and said ; should call them again next year.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

since I'm out of contract, would they be willing to let me do another contract in exchange for a free HR24?

Just give it another try. I got lucky this year and didn't have to haggle with the CSR AND she gave me ST to go for free also....I did ask for it. Now, back in March I did have to call a couple of times to get MLB EI down to a better price. But I just said "cancel" ST and I was routed directly to retentions. Good luck.

Lkr said:
since I'm out of contract, would they be willing to let me do another contract in exchange for a free HR24?

You should not have a problem with that. One or two calls and Im sure someone would give you one since your out of contract. I got one for free.

I didn't go the nice route but got $150 off ST on the /month price. $36.99/month for 5 months.
I basically told them I thought it was a rip off for loyal customers to have to pick up the slack for Newbies. Then said I was seriously thinking of dropping them for DISH.
Got the $5/month on the ST package discount. Said "No Thanks".
Then it was $20/ off then $30/month. Then they threw in free HBO for 3 months... I held out for 6 months.
Done Deal.

Ended up being a total of $35 off for 6 months in discounts. That said, customer since '94, ST since it began. Think I have gtten a discount just about every year.

Just called again, and was given everything for 159.99... I Couldn't be happier didn't have to complain or anything.......25.00 off per month..............
Brina

cjwct said:
Ditto and I even pulled out the "I am a new customer with less than 6 months of service" sympathy card :-(

Okay, just received a call and am getting $120 off ($20 credit / 6 months). I am a newer customer and to me, that's a far price now for the number of games I'll receive. Now except for rain fade last night, I am still 100% happy I switched.

This is my eighth season with DirecTV and NFL ST. I received the $20off/six month promotion plus three free months of HBO.

I called today (first time I ever tried). The first person I got saw that she could only offer $10 for 6 months and switched me to another person. That person offered me 6 months for $20 per month along with free To-Go but I rejected the To-Go because I didn't needed. I was also offered 3 months of Showtime and Starz but I don't watch movies. I was finally offered a $30 instant credit. She couldn't go any further so I took the offer. I know others have done better, others worse but I took it because I didn't feel I could get a better offer calling next week and this seemed to be the average of what people got. I'm happy, though.

I called on my very first try and this is my first season getting it and im barely a year into my contracto and got NFL St for free then got the to go for 25 dollars and a 5 dollar credit for 6 months. Nothing beats that. Anyone know when the app will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)