Audiovox Sirius Repair Help? NEW unit but DOA???

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Audiovox Sirius Repair Help? NEW unit but "appears" to be DOA???

Talking about Sirius that I just bought and how I wanted to get another I have a neighbor/friend who bought an Audiovox older PNP2 unit about 2 yrs ago & they never opened it or even turned it on etc! I was going to just take them to lunch or something (they said take it free etc) just to use to use as second unit, but upon hooking it all up the unit "appears" to be DOA.

Warranty has run out in terms of date of purchase on receipt, but we opened it together new from packaging, frustrating as all get out, I have a sportster here that is verified full signal on antenna etc but when we hook this audiovox up using their antenna or mine we show full signal even turned on FM transmitter, also used output jack on back even turned OFF FM transmitter and tried jack alone, no matter what we do we see signal but hear no sound on channel 184 etc.

184 is the channel that I got preview info from the moment i turned on my sportster so I assumed it is the same on all units? Is there something I need to do (call it in etc) to this since its so much older or is it sadly a DOA type thing?

We also verified sound is turned up and on in menus, verified signal strength, just no sound from FM or back jack no matter what we do.

Anyone hear of DOA units like this or since its so old and was never turned on is there something different or weird i have to do to get it working (different channel than 184 etc).

Lastly if it is DOA, they aren't looking for anything money wise out of it really especially since its appearing to be DOA, is there anywhere online I can send it into to get it fixed or working?

I went to Audiovox website and it gave like 3 warranty stores in my area called all of them and everyone of them said they do not repair audiovox sirius products, audiovox site seems to be a joke (every warranty center they had listed was incomplete phone and addy and spelling is wrong) took me a good 15 mins searching to figure out and piece together what stores and finding numbers for each store etc.

Anyone got an idea of what I can try or do and or where I might be able to send it in to get fixed?

It bites to have it here but not be able to make it work to add as a second unit, I DO need to hear it on the preview 184 channel to confirm it works before activating it correct?

Bill :)

Tuning to Sirius channel 184 is the correct method. If the unit is DOA, throw it away and get a newer Sirius Audiovox PNP3 with car kit for free after rebate and buy the $49 boom box.

Information here.

I wonder if this pnp2 home dock will work with that pnp3 unit? If not maybe someone on ebay could use the docks (as I doubt both docks are bad probably just the main head unit).

That is a pretty cool deal tho for sure...

Thanks for the info,

Bill :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)