AZBox vs Openbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Radar,

I do understand your brother's frustration. :) But when you look at it from the prospective, what's actually broadcast now in 4:2:2, may be your brother doesn't miss much - it depends on his interests of course. What you can do: since you are familiar with AZBox well, try to check if its possible to stream undecoded TS from AZBox over LAN. I'm not sure, if it is possible, at least by clicking UI buttons. If yes, then the next step would be trying to make the same streaming work for OpenBox. I wonder if FW posted on Sadoun's site is better or the same as factory FW for this box...and if one can use it instead. Keep in mind, DVBWorld is well experienced in FW development, so it might in fact be more stable or functional. But... there might be nothing one can do to make it work the way you want, especially without factory support. :)

Last edited:
Our main question was if the channel was labeled correctly on Lyngsat. It is labeled as 4:2:2 and the Opensat receiver was capturing and displaying that channel fine. So, which was wrong?
Evidentally, Lyngsat is wrong. This was why I was asking for confirmation on the channel, and not so much on the ability of the OpenBox.

RADAR

Gordy
I guess these pics I just took confirms that it is NOT 4:2:2 (last pic is the one in question...the other 2 pics are the channels on that TP too)
Yeah I know...old TV but hey it works fine for aiming the big dish :)
Pansat is on top of it

Attachments

• PICT0075.JPG
    PICT0075.JPG
    757.6 KB · Views: 204
  • PICT0084.JPG
    PICT0084.JPG
    882.9 KB · Views: 201
  • PICT0078.JPG
    PICT0078.JPG
    760.2 KB · Views: 188
Another approach would be to make OpenBox firmware record a channel to a network drive (mounted or connected to one's PC). Then you can play the channel with VLC from that drive, while its being recorded - like Timeshifting feature added to VLC. :) The drive and your network connection must be fast enough to record and play HD stream simultaneously from it. Of course, one should not expect all interesting options appear on OpenBox UI setup screens overnight, but the required code may possibly be added manually.

Yet another approach would be to get VLC play recorded by OpenBox content from a network drive, connected to OpenBox via USB. I wonder if you can try this on a Linux PC... This would also work realtime like a timeshifting feature. The whole point however is to make OpenBox LAN port finally working.

Last edited:
zamar u still have to strip the tag off the .ts stream or have a program to decode it in either instance. unless vlc will play the format that the sso records in. another way would be to put it thru a pvr like a hauppauge pvr 150, or 500, same restriction this way too something to strip the tag off the .ts stream

Yes, of course , though I'm not sure why OpenBox doesn't allow to choose a file format for the content to be saved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)