AZboxHD RTi Core Beta released

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
RTi Core Enigma2 Beta loading now, will report back shortly. this is apparently being supported/assisted by opensat which might explain why there has been no new firmware releases.

yes scott you can load it on your elite. ive been testing this on mine along the way. i just checkt the progress here. hxxp://www.azbox-enigma.eu/e107/news.php . looking at the changelog, im very excited to test this out when i get home from work. the previous releases lookt very promising. i also think that we probly wont see any new firmware from opensat and that enigma2 is their new focus.

crackt out,.

crackt,
whats the easiest way to upload a north american sat list to E2? cant find app i used before and dreanboxedit looks sorta complicated. maybe we should have a "how to NA thread for E2."
thnks

crackt,
whats the easiest way to upload a north american sat list to E2? cant find app i used before and dreanboxedit looks sorta complicated. maybe we should have a "how to NA thread for E2."
thnks

goto hxxp://satellites-xml.eu/ and generate a satellites.xml file. then ftp it to /etc/tuxbox/. reboot.

im just loading the beta now. i had to try out the soslemend i got in the mail today.

crackt out,.

Can someone explain what the benefits and features of this software are?

i wonder too..

simply put. at this point in time there is no benefit to installing enigma2. still quite buggy. keep in mind that opensat were aparrently involved in this project and opensat also appears to have stopped releasing updates to their own os. i guess the benefit is now we have 2 buggy os's for our azboxes. haha. its fun to play with atleast. still to many sound issues to keep it installed on my box tho.

crackt out,.

way too buggy here as well. audio is just one of many issues. motor control section is problematic. i actually thought channel zapping was faster on prior ver. its gonna be a while before its ready for regular use

not sure wh you had difficulties getting back to 5020 but glad you were able to do so. going back is essentially the install process in reverse.

well on the install i did not read the instructions close and tried to load running wi fi when it says it has to be hard wired.i still could not get a ip address on screen after about 20 tries someone at enigna forum said i need to check my rj45 cable so i changed it and finally got it to load saw all the bugs in it and started to go back to 5020 and azup would get a error and would quit halfway thru i read to use the older version of azup and finally got it restored to 5020 so that is the fun i have been having today.

rti beta 1.0.1 is out. im about 5 minutes in and it looks alot better. no issues with my gbox3k and diseqc 1.2. have it running 1080p60 with the following edit to /etc/init.d/bootup

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko options="-analog -f PAL_BG -digital -f HDMI_720p50 -hdmi_chip $hdmichip 0 14 15 100 0"

change to NTSC_M

change to 720p60 or 1080i60 or 1080p60. (modes ive tried)

use satellites-xml.eu to generate your sat list and ftp it to /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml

reboot.

have about 10 minutes in and have tried hd and sd. i think im gonna try 4:2:2 and see what happens. its pretty responsive now.

crackt out,.

thanks for the news, I'll give it a try as I had already gone back to 5020

still not convinced on messing around with my AZ with this s/w. I am staying put with 5020

I'm not hearing much convincing evidence to try this out.
Understanding it is still beta testing, but really what advantage is there to this?
If it fixes the recording at high bitrates I'm all in, but from what I am hearing you have to basically start all over again with a new list of satellites?
Can you not just load in your own list if you had one made up that worked before?
As it stands now, I have my own satellite list in all my receivers with a separate ku sat for each bird that has one. My FTA channel list is over 1000 channels in my receivers, why would I go back to square one and spend the many hours to redo everything that I have done?
Each of my receivers has worked flawlessly since I North Americanized them and deleted every sat and tp that came in it from the factory.
With the one exception of not being able to record some high bitrate tp's without breaking up, the azbox has proven it's worthiness here with the last firmware 9.5020.
What more are people really wanting ?
The last firmware was not buggy in the azbox, however, the satellite/channel list is corrupted and needs to be changed.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to getting high bit rate (30Ms/s) recording to work also.

crackt,
Is there an easy way to convert dvbs.dat (current sat/ transponder data) into satellite.xml so i can use it with E2? the generic satellite.xml files that are generated arent that great

crackt,
thnks

thanks to you guys for pointing out new firmware is available. i have a dual tuner plus and 5020 does not play nicely with it. if you hadn't pointed out E2 beta was available i would still be cursing at my AZ. I tried it on my plus and now its a brick. it just says booting on the vfd now and won't recognize any USB drive/file combination i've tried.

since the AZ is fairly popular over here now there must be a few satguys members who would sincerely appreciate one. I have a new premium plus coming and i want to try the new firmware on it. i'm following closely the needed steps but there's a lot to read. the AZUP instructions are missing some key steps.

stargaze i would appreciate a working streaming function along with better browser performance. also the 5020 firmware does NOT handle a dual tuner function very well unlike what opensat advertises.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts