AZboxHD RTi Core Beta released

thanks to you guys for pointing out new firmware is available. i have a dual tuner plus and 5020 does not play nicely with it. if you hadn't pointed out E2 beta was available i would still be cursing at my AZ. I tried it on my plus and now its a brick. it just says booting on the vfd now and won't recognize any USB drive/file combination i've tried.

since the AZ is fairly popular over here now there must be a few satguys members who would sincerely appreciate one. I have a new premium plus coming and i want to try the new firmware on it. i'm following closely the needed steps but there's a lot to read. the AZUP instructions are missing some key steps.

stargaze i would appreciate a working streaming function along with better browser performance. also the 5020 firmware does NOT handle a dual tuner function very well unlike what opensat advertises.

have you tried removing one tuner and booting again ?

crackt out,.

I assume from the followup discussion that the method is some sort of JTAG?

If it was me, I'd just pull out the solid-state disk module, connect it to a Linux system, and dd a copy of a working module onto it. Hardest part is getting someone to send you a dump of a working module. (No, I don't have one, I just keep up with the AZbox discussions in case they get the box to a point where I'd want to buy one someday.)

I've been tempted to purchase one of those USB-serial adapters just in case I brick my Azbox, which is something that could even happen flashing factory firmware. The latest ver of AZup (1.25) really is an improvement toward preventing a box from being corrupted although as has been stated previously, you really need to follow the instructions carefully during install and uninstall.

beavs2112: with a usb stick plugged in loaded with patch.bin, can you access the receiver with AZup or is it stuck in endless boot-up not recognizing USB?

If you google "E2 AZbox" or "Enigma2 Azbox" you will find several of clips including one which goes thru a complete install ~15min.

Here is one showing project valerie which is pretty cool media player plug-in that shows what the azbox is capable of doing with a better OS. There are also several links showing more E2 videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i guess i"m crazy but i am trying it again.went on smoothly this time problem i am having is i made a satellite.xml file but dreambox edit will not recognize it how do i get this ftp to the azbox.

Those YouTube videos are of poor quality so I can't get much out of them to see what the menus look like. They shouldn't be using a camcorder when there are better methods.

as crackt said earlier in this thread,

"use satellites-xml.eu to generate your sat list and ftp it to /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml"

to edit satellite.xml you can use dreamboxedit. i hav not yet found a way to convert dvbs.dat to satellite.xml

there supposedly is a plug-in which lets you blindscan although i havent tried it and have no idea if it works

Those YouTube videos are of poor quality so I can't get much out of them to see what the menus look like. They shouldn't be using a camcorder when there are better methods.

its you tube not the discovery channel

well i guess i"m crazy but i am trying it again.went on smoothly this time problem i am having is i made a satellite.xml file but dreambox edit will not recognize it how do i get this ftp to the azbox.

just my opinion but i don't think your're crazy. or maybe we BOTH are :) i had gone to e2 and i couldn't find a blindscan method so i went back to 5020. so after a full night's rest i decided to try e2 again. well i found a blindscan method of a kind. try going to the main menu then setup then servive searching then manual scan. go to the second line of that menu it comes up single transponder by default. right click till you see single satellite, that should get ya goin. now i think that it only scans the tp's in your xml list but better than nothin. also REALLY intersesting on that line is a "multisat" option that listed my sats that i had scanned already. whether it scans one sat then moves my diseq 1.2 positioner to the next one automatically and scans that one remains to be seen.

i am slowly finding and learning got my sat file in i set up 4 sats by moving my gbox manually. i have set up two and stored 2 in motor setup but when i select them i cannot get it to go from sat to sat.another thing i was going to go back to 5020 again could not do box dose not see usb with this file.i guess it is good to keep learning about this if this is what we are going to have in the future.

mine works well on diseq 1.2 and my g-box/von-wiese. sounds like something in your az isn't set properly. make sure your sat config in the tuner section has diseq mode set to 1.2. I'm gonna say either your diseq1.2 positions are the same for both sats or the sat is setup in the tuner section to use USALS. the very last line of the tuner default sat advanced config screen says "use USALS for this sat" and is set to yes. the line is NOT on the first page you have to scroll down to the second page to find it. The az doesn't even tell you there IS a page 2. you have to change the USALS to no then its brings up another line where you enter your diseq 1.2 position that you setup in the sat positioner menu. or if you have 2 sats set to diseq1.2 position #1 (which is the default by the way every time you setup a sat) your az and gbox won't move to another sat since they think they're already where they should be.

Last edited:
you're welcome. glad its workin :) i actually liked some features too. i liked the satfinder menu. it gave me a better idea of my dish tuning. And the USALS has more accuracy with more digits in the position area than 5020. Also the tuner setup has way more options than 5020 so it'll please those members with lots of switches/universal lnb's etc.
I have had issues with it not working on the audio on galaxy 28 4:2:2 stuff so i opened a bug report/ticket on their site. it was locking up after 5 minutes and required a hard reboot/restart to fix. those channels are fine on 5020 so going back for now.

RTi core 1.0.2 BETA

Whats new:

- Improvements on Audio part ( syncing )
- Card reader driver support ( /dev/sci0 ) EXPERIMENTAL
- Multimedia support ( Seeking OK, Play/Pause and Stop Ok, Audio sync )
- Wifi support for Premium/Premium+
- Time fix on VFD and Enigma 2
- HDMI Hotplug Fixed
- Fixed problem with jumping of 2 spaces on Multimedia player
- Online Software update ( drivers and python components from azbox-enigma.eu server )
- Password problem Fixed ( You can change password now )

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts