AZboxHD RTi Core Beta released

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm in my own personal hell still trying to figure out how to delete the existing channels, bouquets, etc. I like the way it auto-tunes a transonder however I'm probably going to have to spend a few hours and manually convert my blindscan data from factory firware into satellite.xml. Haven't tuned an HD channels but supposedly this version uses adaptive deinterlacing which provides a better picture than factory firmware. I'll believe it when I see it. Still no word on blindscan.

rti beta 1.0.1 is out. im about 5 minutes in and it looks alot better. no issues with my gbox3k and diseqc 1.2. have it running 1080p60 with the following edit to /etc/init.d/bootup

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/em8634dvb.ko options="-analog -f PAL_BG -digital -f HDMI_720p50 -hdmi_chip $hdmichip 0 14 15 100 0"

change to NTSC_M

change to 720p60 or 1080i60 or 1080p60. (modes ive tried)

use satellites-xml.eu to generate your sat list and ftp it to /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml

reboot.

have about 10 minutes in and have tried hd and sd. i think im gonna try 4:2:2 and see what happens. its pretty responsive now.

crackt out,.

crackt how can i change this setting maz will not run om my computer i have dreambox edit,dreamset and filezilla. filezilla will pull the file but will not let me change it.

I managed to upload my satellite.xml list with Dreamboxedit. While I now only have NA satellites/transponder data I haven't figured out how to delete the existing Euro channel data. As for functionality, I can confirm that it works with 4:2:2 feeds from 99w. I need to tweak dish to see if HD-GDMX feeds look any different as they looked pretty perfect already.

Last edited:
rodder, you can open bootup file with a program like ultraedit. I tried editing in NTSC_M and 1080p60 as suggested by crackt although not sure its working at that resolution as 1080p isn't listed as an option in the video settings.

I managed to upload my satellite.xml list with Dreamboxedit. While I now only have NA satellites/transponder data I haven't figured out how to delete the existing Euro channel data. As for functionality, I can confirm that it works with 4:2:2 feeds from 99w. I need to tweak dish to see if HD-GDMX feeds look any different as they looked pretty perfect already.

how about the CBS feeds?

thanks mrp3 i will try that. i like that the new file has a way to delete Sat's but i have not found a way to delete channel data either.

I've had a chance to play with 1.02 for about a day now and have it working with USALS and most if not all of the channels I could receive with factory firmware. I have not yet tried NBC-HD feeds which were initially problematic with factory firmware but hopefully tommorow. I've managed to get 1080p working and have to say that the HD picture quality may be slightly better. SD channels look better. I still get kick at how fast you get a picture when changing channels. there are still significant issues which need to be addressed although this is going to be a MAJOR upgrade for Azbox owners over the factory firmware.

i am still a little green with all this ftp stuff you have to do to get to run and with the bugs it still has i went back to 5020 this morning i will be waiting on a full release before trying again.

how about the CBS feeds?

i tried gal 28 for some 4:2:2 and had issues. picture was good but sound had issues. it was unsnyced and crackly. couldn't change audio to mpeg channel and after 45 seconds box locked up/froze/went stupid with gears of death symbols on screen and required reboot/restart. tried reloading image and starting over but no joy. those channels are great with 5020 firmware so i know it's not a tuner or alignment issue. nhk world on 58.0W is9 had poor picture. interlacing was an issue. poor 1080i60 picture is known issue with this release as other boards are full of complaints. have gone back to 5020 firmware.

New Beta version 1.0.3 just released. Won't have chance to load until tommorow but looks like many of the major bugs of have addressed. Based upon continued "thanks" to Opensat, I'd have to guess E2 is going to be our firmware going forward. RC not far away

AzBox HD Enigma 2 Project: News

did some testing. gui is pretty fast now. video looks good. scans appear to have trouble logging ac3 apids. manual entry also seems to fail. sound seems fine when zapping channels with mpeg2 audio. hopefully someone can reproduce this quick so we can submit it to their bugtracker. if ac3 was working i wouldnt have reverted to 5020 again. they sure are close. im working with dbedit to generate a satlist. ill post it when done to maybe save someone some time.

crackt out,.

finally had a chance to load and found similar audio issues. others have also commented about some channels with problematic audio but I didn't put it together that it was limited to AC3? GUI is pretty fast as you mentioned but there are still some bugs in modules which are non-functional or cause the system to crash, such as changing video resolution. They are definitely making progress. Do you know how they are going to add blindscan support for the Premium + and Ultra? From what I can tell, current platforms running E2 don't support hardware blindscan so I'm not sure it exists. thanks for generate a satellite.xml file. the one I have works but isn't complete. I'd also like to see them add some way to better edit/add satellites/transponders rather than have to always use the PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts