Bad LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmag487

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Cambridge, NY
I have a 6ft dish with a BSC621 LNB which I have pretty much been pointing at Anik F1R for the last year or so. Lately my video has been choppy and freezing up. The signal strength is still good (70% or so) so I thought maybe the receiver was flaky. I swapped out my Micro HD for an OpenBox S9 but it didn't behave any better. Could the LNB be going bad? If so, what would be a good (but not too expensive) replacement for it?
Thanks,
Jim

Have you checked ALL the coax connections for corrosion? That would the first item on my troubleshooting list especially if they are the screw on type. I use those but I do pack them in Vasaline when I assemble them to keep water out.

If you need a new one the BSC621 LNBFs are still around although the price has gone up a fair amount since you bought the last one. WSI came out with an NS741 last summer that works "OK" and is usually available for under $40 on fleabay.

I don't know which version of the 621 you have but they are offered as either a "Standard" or "Universal" LO so make sure you get one that matches the one you have now.

Yeah, look over all connections and repair or replace as necessary. Then tweak/tune the dish*. If that all fails then swap out the LNBF. Tuning the dish after LNBF replacement.
* I check this every spring and fall. They do move, imperceptibly, but the do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KU Dish for Dish Subscription?

microHD, X2 Premium HD receivers and Titanium PLL-1KS LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts