Bad Storms

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
We had a really bad storm go through here this afternoon and power went out about 4pm. Went up the road and there's several LARGE trees down on power lines about a half mile from my house so looks like I'm in for an extended outage.

Got the generator up and running so we're able to have some of life's necessities, ie, internet being one of those along with water and lights!! Weather for tonight and tomorrow is good with highs tomorrow only @ 78* so we're blessed there as there's no A/C.

This is also putting the brakes on my Unimesh work but to be honest, I need a break from that thing before I take a hammer to it. More on that later.

Ennywho, some folks around this area have home and vehicle damage but haven't heard anything about any fatalities from the storm yet. I guess we're lucky as there's no damage on the place here other than the electricity being out. Could have been much worse.

Last edited:
Glad you are OK.... Now you can see how it is to be OFF GRID! ;) We had a close hit by lightning. My florescent lights came on for a few seconds! No damage apparent to any equipment. Furnace went off and would not restart for about an hour, but now back on.
Keep warm and safe.

Glad you're OK. Hope your neighbors are too. The weather has been very screwy & scary in a lot of places here lately.

Blew through here also , about 630 tonight. Very loud thunder, boisterous! I grabbed a few cables and power cords quickly and unplugged things for a little while but didn't lose the electric. It was quick, brief hard rain, and gone. And it did not cool off much either, 11pm and its still 75 degrees outside.

We had some power outages in the area and a few nearby towns get flooded. We got 3.5 - 4 inches of rain with creek banks full and overflowing. No widespread flooding though as the heavy rains was in a narrow band.

To my surprise, power was back on here last night around 9:30pm so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Here's a good one for ya. Just a bit ago I fired up that Unimesh system thinking I'd try to do some tweaking on it since it's really nice outside. Picked up the remote and ran to 43w to see what was there and got nothing?? So I ran to the Zenith and only got 35Q (was 78%)?? Went outside and looked and that 800+ lb trailer that the Unimesh is mounted on was moved about a foot East into the trailer tongue of another trailer it was parked in front of? So now I've got to relevel the post and try again only this time I'm going to leave that trailer connected to THE TRUCK!

Hard to imagine how much stuff would have gotten horked up if that second trailer hadn't been in place! That Unimesh and trailer would probably have wound up in the woods!

Looks like the end of the rainstorms every few days here in Ct.Almost 10" here in the last few weeks! Also the heat continues to stay away from us also.Looks like a good stretch of 70s to low 80s into next week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts