BD+ a failure and has been sold off

DRM in general is a failure. Nice that they found some saps to buy it.

Was HD-DVD able to sell off their failed DRM that was the first to fall months ago?

DRM in general is a failure. Nice that they found some saps to buy it.

Was HD-DVD able to sell off their failed DRM that was the first to fall months ago?
HD DVD never put much into theirs. The simple fact that nothing is region coded tipped everyone off to what the deal was with HD DVD. BluRay on the other hand has been touting their copy protection scheme from day one. And their fanboys have cited it as the reason DIsney and FOX came on board.

Not silent, they are prob just tired of listening to you over it.

Honestly, the claim of "uncrackable" was stupid on their part, but BD+ is doing what it was intended. Its not static protection, each movie is different and the key can be changed everytime its cracked. It just makes it harder on the casual guy. Me, my hearts not in ripping movies anymore so i AINT wasting the time. Ill just spend $20.

If I owned Fox, Id be happier with this than nothing.

There is not - and never was - any HD DVD-specific copy protection.
AACS, the only copy protection system on HD DVD (and broken for the first time around XMas last year), is exactly the same
as on Blu-ray and is licensed from AACS LA that has Microsoft and Sony in the list of its founders...
It uses a standard AES-128 encryption system.

BD+ has similarities with AACS (key-based) but its inner workings are not known (how AACS works is public knowledge).
This "secrecy" surrounding BD+ might be the only advantage it has, but there are good reasons to believe it won't stay unbroken until next year.

Public comments made by some analysts about BD+ superiority (e.g. title-by-title basis) are questionable at best.

Diogen.

I have a way to crack down on piracy -- drop the prices into half so that those who really want the movie will buy it on their favorite format and forget trying to rip off the studios. Oh, yeah, the BDA is already doing that -- sorry.

I have a way to crack down on piracy -- drop the prices into half so that those who really want the movie will buy it on their favorite format and forget trying to rip off the studios. Oh, yeah, the BDA is already doing that -- sorry.
More FUD. Thats a BOGO sale not a permanent pricing policy :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)