Blind scanning speed

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i4tas said:
I would think Pansat could make a new firmware that improves blind scanning speed and prevent hanging up. I would think there is enough power in these boxes to scan faster (push it to the limits), or maybe software isn't the problem.

I would think so too, but they haven't. I've had a 2700, 3500, 5000, and a 6000. 6000 was probably the worst of the bunch when it came to blind scan. Especially with it slaved to the big dish, I could only blind scan one polarity at a time. That's not pansat's fault, but when you have to wait that long twice it is a pain. If they just had an option to search either thoroughly or quickly I would think that would be excellent.

I will second PSB's blind scan speed for the Traxis 3500, it is fast. Just did a scan on IA6, 3minutes 27 seconds. I had options for free and tv only set.

i4tas said:
Here is a weird remote problem:

Lets say I change to channel "ABC Puerto Rico" then hit the signal button on pansat. Now I pick up the c-band remote and fine tune the dish by clicking east/west. Every time I press a button on the c-band remote the pansat will do what ever botton i pressed last on the pansat remote. So what happens my signal meter go to the loud one with the beeping (wakes you up at 11 PM). I find it weird that the pansat box knows the last botton pressed by the remote and then executes this button when receiving a certain signal.

Similar thing happens with my Pansat. My Star Choice remote controls the TV on/off and volume. Sometimes when I go to change the volume (usually to turn it up on one of the quieter channels) it will do whatever the last action was on the Pansat remote. If it was changing channels, by the time I stop increasing the volume because of what it is doing, it seems to always land on one of the loudest channels and blasts away! Have to try to remember not to point it in the direction of the Pansat!

Robbert said:
Yeah, that's true, although it's gotten better with the latest firmware that I installed on there a couple of weeks ago. But sometimes it will sit there for a few minutes on those TP's. Unfortunately you never know what something is unless you have a PC with Lyngsat open at the same time or you just wait and see.. ;) Unfortunately you can't tell the Pansat to just skip that one TP and continue on...

You can tell the Pansat to skip scanning a transponder for channels if you push the play button at the bottom of the remote, it works with my 2700 and 3500.

Status
Please reply by conversation.