Blu-ray Hardware Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Current deals:

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/news/html/breaking_article.cfm?article_id=12855

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Walt Disney Co. chairman and CEO Bob Iger said a $300 Blu-ray Disc player would boost the format, and Wal-Mart has granted his wish.

The long-rumored $298 Magnavox player (NB500MG9) has hit shelves at the discounter, along with a $348 Samsung player (BD-P1500/XAA) and a $388 Sony player (BDPS300). The older profile players don’t offer all the bells and whistles but may mollify Blu-ray price critics.
[/FONT]

Online they have the Magnavox for $298, S300 for $386 and the PS3 for $399(with a $100 gift card). The BD30 has also been seen at $448

I wonder what exactly is in that coupon book. A $100 gift certificate would interest me more.

Looks like the coupon book sucks and the PS3 is still a better deal, from other forums:

The coupon book is good for Disney Blu rays. Coupons expire Feb 2009. Basically it is a lot of buy 2, get $10 off deals that can't be combined with other offers. Think you would have better luck paying Amazon prices or an in store B2G1F deal.

I work at Best Buy and we got them in today and all home theater associates laughed their ass off. I can also confirm that the book is all "$10 off two select blu-rays" with the exception of $10 off Lost Season 3.

Also at only $50 cheaper, a PS3 is alot better, more flexible, more output options, etc. I don't understand the whole "set top" idea as the PS3 looks nice (way better than if the 360 had blu-ray installed) and the movies will load up instantly and fast.

Wal-Mart pushing sales of Blu-ray players

Wal-Mart pushing sales of Blu-ray players

With the high definition DVD format war settled, Wal-Mart Stores Inc is now aggressively promoting sales of Blu-ray players. The world's largest retailer said on Tuesday that from June 8-14, it is offering a $100 Wal-Mart gift card with the purchase of any Blu-ray player in its stores.

Rest of Story and Source: Reuters

Really? I think the prices are just okay except for the S500. That's a good price. Even on E-bay people pay a lot for that thing which totally boggles my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)