Blu-ray Hardware Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sony S360 for $109 on Dell.com. Using BING (search for Dell), you get 20% back also, so around $90 depending on taxes.

Magnavox BD player for $78 last night at WallyWorld. I think it's still at that price.

Today I received my Toshiba BDX2000 from Amazon for $69.97 shipped..
Tested it and it works excellent. Does 1080p/24 fine on my Sammy 55"
Plays AVCHD via DVD+R/DVD+R DL/SD Card

Today I received my Toshiba BDX2000 from Amazon for $69.97 shipped..
Tested it and it works excellent. Does 1080p/24 fine on my Sammy 55"
Plays AVCHD via DVD+R/DVD+R DL/SD Card

How does it handle upconverting DVD's? I have my Toshiba HD-DVD player still in use just for it's amazing upconvert capabilities. It does a much better job than the PS3 I'm using for blu-rays. I haven't went with a Blu-ray standalone yet because I want to make sure I get one that can handle DVD's very well.

From what I've read, the Toshiba Blu-ray is average, at best, upconverting. I love my Pan. BD60. And it's upconverting is noticeably better than my Toshiba HD-A2 player.

From what I've read, the Toshiba Blu-ray is average, at best, upconverting. I love my Pan. BD60. And it's upconverting is noticeably better than my Toshiba HD-A2 player.

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually leaning toward the Pannie BD60 with it's great reviews and great pricepoint.:)

cheapest blu-ray player

what is the cheapest blu-ray player i can find? brand does not matter.

Today on Thanksgiving, Amazon.com is selling the LG BD530 Blu-ray Disc player for $69 with free shipping. Like the Magnavox this player is also 2.0 compliant with full online and BD-Live connectivity support. There are only 6 customer reviews so far but it's ranking a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Click Me

HHGregg has LG BD530 for $59.99 after $30 mail-in rebate.

BD65 $89

PCRichard

M_DMPBD65.jpg

Which Blu Ray?

Hello,
My children are going to buy me a blu ray player for Christmas, I have no idea what is the best one at a moderate price ($150.00 +).

Could use your expertise on this, thanks in advance for your help.

:popcorn

Mark A Sparks said:
Hello,
My children are going to buy me a blu ray player for Christmas, I have no idea what is the best one at a moderate price ($150.00 +).

Could use your expertise on this, thanks in advance for your help.

:popcorn

Many good choices in your price range.
The main question is: what are you going to connect it to? What kind of TV set and do you have an A/V receiver? What's the model number? Also, are you interested in 3D? Web streaming? I think that should be your starting point: decide on the features you need. Blu-ray players today are not just about HD video, but also about premium sound, web streaming, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)