Blu-ray Hardware Deals

Sony S360 for $109 on Dell.com. Using BING (search for Dell), you get 20% back also, so around $90 depending on taxes.

Magnavox BD player for $78 last night at WallyWorld. I think it's still at that price.

Today I received my Toshiba BDX2000 from Amazon for $69.97 shipped..
Tested it and it works excellent. Does 1080p/24 fine on my Sammy 55"
Plays AVCHD via DVD+R/DVD+R DL/SD Card

Today I received my Toshiba BDX2000 from Amazon for $69.97 shipped..
Tested it and it works excellent. Does 1080p/24 fine on my Sammy 55"
Plays AVCHD via DVD+R/DVD+R DL/SD Card

How does it handle upconverting DVD's? I have my Toshiba HD-DVD player still in use just for it's amazing upconvert capabilities. It does a much better job than the PS3 I'm using for blu-rays. I haven't went with a Blu-ray standalone yet because I want to make sure I get one that can handle DVD's very well.

From what I've read, the Toshiba Blu-ray is average, at best, upconverting. I love my Pan. BD60. And it's upconverting is noticeably better than my Toshiba HD-A2 player.

From what I've read, the Toshiba Blu-ray is average, at best, upconverting. I love my Pan. BD60. And it's upconverting is noticeably better than my Toshiba HD-A2 player.

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually leaning toward the Pannie BD60 with it's great reviews and great pricepoint.:)

cheapest blu-ray player

what is the cheapest blu-ray player i can find? brand does not matter.

Today on Thanksgiving, Amazon.com is selling the LG BD530 Blu-ray Disc player for $69 with free shipping. Like the Magnavox this player is also 2.0 compliant with full online and BD-Live connectivity support. There are only 6 customer reviews so far but it's ranking a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Click Me

HHGregg has LG BD530 for $59.99 after $30 mail-in rebate.

BD65 $89

PCRichard

M_DMPBD65.jpg

Which Blu Ray?

Hello,
My children are going to buy me a blu ray player for Christmas, I have no idea what is the best one at a moderate price ($150.00 +).

Could use your expertise on this, thanks in advance for your help.

:popcorn

Mark A Sparks said:
Hello,
My children are going to buy me a blu ray player for Christmas, I have no idea what is the best one at a moderate price ($150.00 +).

Could use your expertise on this, thanks in advance for your help.

:popcorn

Many good choices in your price range.
The main question is: what are you going to connect it to? What kind of TV set and do you have an A/V receiver? What's the model number? Also, are you interested in 3D? Web streaming? I think that should be your starting point: decide on the features you need. Blu-ray players today are not just about HD video, but also about premium sound, web streaming, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)