Blu-ray&HomeTheater (HTIB)

Seriously though...

The Panasonic doesn't seem to have aux inputs other than the ipod adapter. It will probably do an ok job of giving you good sound for the Blu-Ray, but will you be able to feed in a satellite receiver or cable box? Can you feed the audio output from the TV back into the receiver? You really need a full solution.

The Sony appears to be the better unit. There seems to be some question about whether the wireless rear speakers are reliable. In addition, it is unclear from the descriptions whether the HDMI will feed the audio into the receiver. Many of the less expensive units force you to hook up a second optical audio cable and only pass through the HDMI signal untouched. Check that out before committing.

My honest opinion is that you will get a better unit for about the same price by going the component route. Take a look at the Onkyo and Denon threads here for good value receivers. Look at the Polk, klipsch Synergy or Infinity 5.1 speaker sets. Then look at an inexpensive BD player, such as the Sony 350, Panasonic BD35 or even the Insignia. All of that together will run under $1k which is the price of the Sony system.

I appreciate your opinion and will look into your recommended receivers. I felt under pressure because I could return (before 1/7/09 to Crutchfield) the Pany Blu-ray I just received.
I like the Panasonic a lot - but WAS considering a "A/V Blu-ray" combo. Usually I like stand alone units & think I will continue in that direction.
Thank a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts