Blu-ray Wallops HD DVD In Disc Sales

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Probably not. And Neilsen may soon be including some Walmart (maybe even has started too). The reason they weren't were Walmart's decision to not supply the info. But Walmart is starting to use a Nielson designed system. Some numbers from Walmart are again flowing to Nielson, but apparently not yet the video disc info.

Walmart give numbers that will be the day. They know what people want that's why they are #1, and sell 40% of this country's DVD sales.

Small difference. at amazon they don't ring it up then discount it. It is marked as 0.00 when purchased. They won't show up as sales that way.

Walmart Bestbuy, they all ring up the product then discount it. Skews the numbers.

You sure about that? Have a link or some evidence to back it up?

An SKU moved is an SKU moved, I would think...

And, by the way, other retailers (including Best Buy) have done in-store giveaways on HD-DVD's, too.... it's not just Amazon.

Though I don't put it past the major retailers to be in cahoots with the studios to pad numbers of BD/HD DVD sales figures in how they ring up give away discs with player sales, I think they are ultimately beholden to their own shareholders and bean counters (aka accountants). For example, when I bought my PS3 on Nov. 4 at Fry's, it came with two free extra discs (Fifth Element and Underworld Evolution). They rang up the full price of the discs, while reducing the price of the PS3 by that same amount, so the "discount" apparently came out of their profits on the player rather than the discs. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if Sony subsidized these kinds of give-aways by reducing their wholesale price on the $399 for Fry's and other retailers to encourage week one promotions like this.) I guess what I'm saying, there's more going on with these give aways, for either side, than just padding disc sales totals.

I guess what I'm saying, there's more going on with these give aways, for either side, than just padding disc sales totals.

Which is pretty much what I've been saying all along - it just bothers me that certain people here want you to believe that it's only one side doing the padding.

Yeah but then it becomes a numbers game. You can say X was sold when it was given away for free.

It would be like if Toshiba said we have sold 700 to 1 stand alone players to Blue Ray.

Does it mean that more people have bought HD players. No. Means that you are making the numbers lie is all.
Absoutely correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)