[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Blue Bloods[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
no-poster.png
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Burning Bridges[/EPISODENAME]
Season:
[SEASON]5[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]3[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-10-10[/EPISODEDATE]

[/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]When an officer is outed and his partner refuses to ride with him, Danny and Baez are asked to work with new partners temporarily; Eddie and James try to steal a collar from a pompous detective; Frank speaks out about equality on the force.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

Next Episode: S05, E04

Friday, October 17, 2014

"Excessive Force":
Frank is put in a tough spot when Danny is charged with using excessive force; Jamie brings a homeless man to the hospital and hits it off with an attractive doctor.

S~

Next Episode: S05, E06

Friday, October 31, 2014

"Most Wanted":
Danny and Frank must find enough evidence to finally put away an international felon who has a history of walking away from charges; Erin considers going into private practice; Danny and his new boss butt heads.

S~

Good episode last Friday. I have this hunch, the writers are having a hard time on what to do with Nicky, she was supposed to be already in college by now.

Next Episode: S05, E07

Friday, November 7, 2014

"Shoot the Messenger":
Frank is taken by surprise during an on-air interview; Danny and his new boss clash as they investigate a drive-by shooing.

S~

I want to preface my comments with this: I still really like this show and I like Tom Sellek.

Having said that, there's this little nagging thought in the back of my head. What if Tom Sellek had the ability to act? Though Tom is an essential part of every episode, he is generally not at the center of the story and all he has to do is look concerned or annoyed, or upset (which are all the same expression as far as I can tell) and speak his line when prompted. But the limitations of his acting ability really impact stories like the one told last Friday. Tom's character went through a range of emotions all of which were interpreted by Tom as essentially the same expression and the same delivery. It really impacted the way I thought of the episode as "not so good". It triggered my imagination of how differently this character would be if portrayed by someone with a range of acting ability rather than a former male model who could speak lines on cue with reasonable emotion.

Just an observation.

Hadn´t heard before about Janko being annoying, I thought the number one annoying character was Nicky.:rollingeyes
Not hat Janko is my favorite character.

Good points about Tom Sellek.

His assistant, Det. Baker is another character that has been relegated to very limited participation, except for just one episode, her participation is limited to very few lines and expressions, and I think her character could offer more to the show. Just a thought. :wink

TNGTony and DJdish: I'll give you a partial nod to your assessments but I think the show sells Selleck as being stoic and while its not exciting its a change from most cop shows. Most of those cops and detectives are just as messed up as the perps they go after. Gotta say I would love to be invited to Sunday dinner. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)