Bonds Ties Hank*

Talk about irony....the kid that gave up the record tying homer, was suspended early in his career for using steroids....LOL

Talk about a small world....

Serving up history
Padres' Hensley, one-time steroid user, gives up 755

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Clay Hensley became an unusual footnote in baseball history when he served up Barry Bonds' record-tying 755th home run Saturday night.

While Bonds has been shadowed by suspicions of steroid use for several years, which some fans feel has tainted his chase for Hank Aaron's home run record, Hensley got caught when he was in the minor leagues.

In April 2005, Hensley was one of four Padres farmhands who were suspended for 15 games for using performance-enhancing substances, either steroids or steroid precursors.

SI.com - MLB - Padres' Hensley, one-time steroid user, gives up 755 - Sunday August 5, 2007 12:36AM

Randall, the HOME RUN story is over, but now the STEROIDS STORY becomes bigger. So, unless Bonds retires or goes to another team, Ringling Brothers will be around for a while.

The Giants are done with him. If he's gonna play next year it will be in the American League as a DH. For me, I just want the season to be over so he's no longer a Giant. They can crucify him if they want for the steroid use but the guy had talent and he "was" amazing.

Bingo :up

But with that said, MLB is JUST at fault as anyone else. After the debacle of CANCELING the World Series....they would have done anything...ANYTHING to bring people back to the seats...and what better way than assulting the home run for a single season record??!! So they turned their backs to what was happening....the owners, the MLB office...and to a certain extent, the media.

But with that said, MLB is JUST at fault as anyone else. After the debacle of CANCELING the World Series....they would have done anything...ANYTHING to bring people back to the seats...and what better way than assulting the home run for a single season record??!! So they turned their backs to what was happening....the owners, the MLB office...and to a certain extent, the media.

I agree with this statement also, however- this does not absolve Bonds in any way. I refuse to acknowledge this achievement*. This is dubious at best.

I still don't fully believe that steroids help all that much to hit home runs. Yeah it does make you stronger, but it actually hinders the hand-eye cooridination. Now with saying that, if he is guilty, and I mean if because he has never tested positive for steroids, then he cheated. Plain and simple he should have this record.

Since he was neer tested for steroids in the period in which steroid use is alleged it is unikely that we will ever hear that he failed such a test---and stating that someone has not failed it means little.

It is a sad state of affairs. Not much more can be said.

I still don't fully believe that steroids help all that much to hit home runs. Yeah it does make you stronger, but it actually hinders the hand-eye cooridination. Now with saying that, if he is guilty, and I mean if because he has never tested positive for steroids, then he cheated. Plain and simple he should have this record.

Look...steroids does not grow muscles....it help muscles recoup faster...and when they do, you workout harder/more often because you know that your body will take less time healing from a vigorous workout.....

I think that since the whole Balco thing broke out, which is almost 2 years ago, he has passed all of his test...so he has been clean.....BEFORE...well, that's a whole other story. Gotta remember, home run hitting has MORE to do with bat speed than strength. Hank Aaron was known to have skinny as hell wrists, but had tremendous bat speed....and you HAVE to have an amazing eye to be hitting home runs at this pace at his age. Steroids does not improve eye-hand coordination.

Do I think he is guilty...? YES. But regardless of how much of ass he is, he is one of THE greatest baseball players of all time and THE BEST of our generation.

Look...steroids does not grow muscles....it help muscles recoup faster...and when they do, you workout harder/more often because you know that your body will take less time healing from a vigorous workout.....

I think that since the whole Balco thing broke out, which is almost 2 years ago, he has passed all of his test...so he has been clean.....BEFORE...well, that's a whole other story. Gotta remember, home run hitting has MORE to do with bat speed than strength. Hank Aaron was known to have skinny as hell wrists, but had tremendous bat speed....and you HAVE to have an amazing eye to be hitting home runs at this pace at his age. Steroids does not improve eye-hand coordination.

Do I think he is guilty...? YES. But regardless of how much of ass he is, he is one of THE greatest baseball players of all time and THE BEST of our generation.

Isn't that what I just said?:)

"Gotta remember, home run hitting has MORE to do with bat speed than strength. Hank Aaron was known to have skinny as hell wrists, but had tremendous bat speed....and you HAVE to have an amazing eye to be hitting home runs at this pace at his age. Steroids does not improve eye-hand coordination.

Do I think he is guilty...? YES. But regardless of how much of ass he is, he is one of THE greatest baseball players of all time and THE BEST of our generation."

I agree with everything you said here.

Bonds has tremendous eyes, he can see the ball just after the pitcher releases the ball and you're born with that special skill. Steroids will not make you see the ball better or have the bat speed that Bonds has ALWAYS had.

He is batting about .175. I don't see how he is so great. I don't think he would even start if he wasn't going for the record.

He is batting about .175. I don't see how he is so great. I don't think he would even start if he wasn't going for the record.

LMAO....his batting average is .272...is OPS is .177 ...AND his OBP is almost 50%.....ALMOST FIFTY PERCENT....:rolleyes:

Barry Bonds Statistics - Baseball-Reference.com

Look, I really and truly dislike the guy....but I do respect the ballplayers TALENTS...and there is NO DOUBT he has ALWAYS had talent...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)