Brady Quinn Escapes

Intresting, not much for him. Jake Delhomme and Senca Wallace are the QB's on the roster

I have already heard that they will either go after Glausen or Bradford....according to ESPN. They already have the "veteran that Holmgren wanted" in Jake Delhomme:)haha:haha:haha) and now want to groom someone for the future.

The Browns going after them two ?
They just got rid of one ND QB,,think they'd go for another ?

As the roster is right now, I am not happy. I would most certainly prefer Brady Quinn QB this team than Jake Interception Delhomme.

With that said, and as others have pointed out, Holmgren must not think our QB of our future was Quinn, so he cut his losses, brought in two QB's that are familiar with the West-Coast offense and will draft a QB in this year's draft. The guys we have on the roster now will bridge the gap until the next QB is drafted.

I'm just furious that we could only muster a 6th round pick and some no-name FB for a 1st round QB! What a way to set your franchise back!

As the roster is right now, I am not happy. I would most certainly prefer Brady Quinn QB this team than Jake Interception Delhomme.

With that said, and as others have pointed out, Holmgren must not think our QB of our future was Quinn, so he cut his losses, brought in two QB's that are familiar with the West-Coast offense and will draft a QB in this year's draft. The guys we have on the roster now will bridge the gap until the next QB is drafted.

I'm just furious that we could only muster a 6th round pick and some no-name FB for a 1st round QB! What a way to set your franchise back!

Just because he was, keyword was, a first round QB doesn't mean he is still worth a first round pick. Sorry but he has been a big flop.

As the girl has already said, drafting a QB in the first round and making a mistake sets your franchise back YEARS.

It's funny, as human beings it seems as though Jamarcus Russell and Tim Tebow could not be any different. However, any franchise that drafts Tebow in the first round risks suffering a fate similar to the Raiders with Jamarcus, Cleveland with Quinn, etc.

Sandra

Just because he was, keyword was, a first round QB doesn't mean he is still worth a first round pick. Sorry but he has been a big flop.

I don't think he was given enough chance to show everything. JaMarcus has been a flop in Oakland. But Quinn was drafted in the same years and has NO WHERE NEAR as many snaps under center as JaMarcus has.

Geez. All this movement at Qb position for what? Doesnt seem like they are aiming very high at all. Why not trade all of them for McNabb?

As the girl has already said, drafting a QB in the first round and making a mistake sets your franchise back YEARS.

It's funny, as human beings it seems as though Jamarcus Russell and Tim Tebow could not be any different. However, any franchise that drafts Tebow in the first round risks suffering a fate similar to the Raiders with Jamarcus, Cleveland with Quinn, etc.

Sandra

I agree. And to that I like to add, changing regimes (Coach and/or GM's) every few years sets a franchise back years as well. :(

Geez. All this movement at Qb position for what? Doesnt seem like they are aiming very high at all. Why not trade all of them for McNabb?

I don't think the Cleveland QB situation can be fully judged just yet. After the draft, yes. But not until then.

What it appears to me is that they brought in 2 guys who are familiar with the Mike Holmgren/West-Coast offense that the Browns are planning on running. One of the QB's is a savvy vet. The other is a proven back-up with athletic upside. Perhaps Jake was just brought in (2 year contract) to groom the rookie we draft in a few months?

I don't think the Cleveland QB situation can be fully judged just yet. After the draft, yes. But not until then.

What it appears to me is that they brought in 2 guys who are familiar with the Mike Holmgren/West-Coast offense that the Browns are planning on running. One of the QB's is a savvy vet. The other is a proven back-up with athletic upside. Perhaps Jake was just brought in (2 year contract) to groom the rookie we draft in a few months?
what they brought in are two washed up has beens. Wait, one washed up has been. Wallace never was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)