BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian and Chris Mannix are the 2 best basketball writers at the moment. Not only did Lebron look bad last night, so did BSPN. And Jim Gray, nice script, glad you still have some journalistic ethics.:rolleyes:

that was very well written. thanks for posting the link.

The hits keep coming from the national media.....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] He'll win those rings, but it'll be beneath him. It'll be beneath a player of his talent to win a title with -- and only with -- fellow free-agent mercenaries Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. When LeBron James wins the 2011 NBA title with the Miami Heat, it'll be like a breast augmentation for Jessica Biel. Sure, she'd be even sexier with bigger boobs. I guess. But it wouldn't be sincere. She'd no longer be real. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Same with LeBron and the rings he's about to start collecting. They'll be flashy. Stupid people will be fooled. But not me. Hopefully not you. Because those rings he's about to win, they won't be real. They'll be trinkets. Worthless. When he's not wearing them, he can store them in a box of Cracker Jack.
[/FONT]

LeBron comes out looking like coward, not king - NBA - CBSSports.com Basketball

Adrian and Chris Mannix are the 2 best basketball writers at the moment. Not only did Lebron look bad last night, so did BSPN. And Jim Gray, nice script, glad you still have some journalistic ethics.:rolleyes:
This was also rare that all parties involved are being roundly criticized (rightly so, BTW ;)) for their performances. LeBron for wanting to do it in the first place, ESPN for staging the biggest ballwashing broadcast event ever, and Gilbert with his juvenile tirade released seconds after the words 'South Beach' were uttered.

Usually someone directly involved comes out of a situation like this sympathetically, this time it's the Cavs fans....

sky and hd, as someone who suffered through the shaq jilts the magic for tinseltown era, i feel your pain.

Everyone wants to play on the best team with the best talent, but some guys are "The Man", LeBron just wasn't one of those guys. Guess he couldn't take the pressure anymore.

My sympathies go out to the city of Cleveland and my friends from there. You never knew what you had in the Mid-West, until you leave here. LeBron will regret leaving one day.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100709/SPORTS0102/7090431/1361/LeBron-Fatheads-now-carry-not-so-coincidental-price-of-$17.41

Guys...this is funny!

To our main Cavs fans, HD and Ski.....I am truly sorry the city of Cleveland is going through this. I honestly am....
I'm not. They got what they deserved. They had a backetball GOD on their team for how many years and stood around surrounding him with what? Certainly no Scottie Pippen and crew. No Paul Pierce, Kevin garnett or Ray allen combo. The City of Cleveland Leached off of this man and profited from it. I don't feel sorry at all. :rolleyes:

Last night's spectacle just keeps getting stranger....

Turns out Jim Gray was handpicked by LeBron. He also paid Jim Gray, not ESPN! No wonder he got handled with kid gloves!

News Headlines

jim gray was on dan patrick's show monday or tuesday ane explained how it went down when he approached maverick carter at a lakers game and asked if he could host an hour special concerning lebron's decision.

I'm not. They got what they deserved. They had a backetball GOD on their team for how many years and stood around surrounding him with what? Certainly no Scottie Pippen and crew. No Paul Pierce, Kevin garnett or Ray allen combo. The City of Cleveland Leached off of this man and profited from it. I don't feel sorry at all. :rolleyes:

LeBron held the team hostage. He wouldn't commit to longer than THREE years. How do you build a team for the future like that? Anyone of note wanted a commitment from LeBron that he'd be here after his contract was up, but he wouldn't give one.

He called himself "loyal" in his egotistical special last night, then he goes ahead and signs with Miami for 5 years, longer than any contract he ever signed with the Cavs! How is THAT loyal?! The Cavs front office did the best they could with the circumstance.

as much as i dislike stephen a smith, he broke this story 2 weeks ago and was interviewed on dan patrick's show the following day. yet, espn is giving chris broussard all the credit.

i am this close to never, ever watching anything on any of their networks again. they are a disgrace.

LeBron held the team hostage. He wouldn't commit to longer than THREE years. How do you build a team for the future like that? Anyone of note wanted a commitment from LeBron that he'd be here after his contract was up, but he wouldn't give one.

He called himself "loyal" in his egotistical special last night, then he goes ahead and signs with Miami for 5 years, longer than any contract he ever signed with the Cavs! How is THAT loyal?! The Cavs front office did the best they could with the circumstance.

btw, did u also notice that both wade and bosh signed 3 year contracts, as well? it was all part of their grand plan they hatched out during worlds in 2007.

wow, that's real shocking!

My sympathies go out to the city of Cleveland and my friends from there. You never knew what you had in the Mid-West, until you leave here. LeBron will regret leaving one day.
I'm sure he'll regret it when it's 80 degrees on South Beach in January and girls are walking around topless while it's 10 degrees with lake effect snow in Cleveland. :D

as much as i dislike stephen a smith, he broke this story 2 weeks ago and was interviewed on dan patrick's show the following day. yet, espn is giving chris broussard all the credit.
That's easy, SAS doesn't work there anymore. :p

i am this close to never, ever watching anything on any of their networks again. they are a disgrace.
If you're a sports fan, you'll watch. Maybe you'll just stay away from the talking heads and stick to the actual games themselves.

Just curious - Does your keyboard have a shift key??

Not even Dan Gilbert believes that or else Danny Ferry would still be GM.

I'm sure he'll regret it when it's 80 degrees on South Beach in January and girls are walking around topless while it's 10 degrees with lake effect snow in Cleveland. :D

I just hope he isn't stingy with tipping like he was in Cleveland. I doubt the Senorita's in Miami would appreciate it. I've heard a ton of stories in how he had extravagant meals/drinks out here in Cleveland and spent thousands of dollars and only left $10 tips and didn't think a thing of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)