BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to consider is this. Florida has no state income tax while Ohio does so LeBron could wind up with more money in Miami even without a max contract. Higher taxes never produce anything good no matter what politicians would have you believe.

Um, Ferry wasn't fired. He resigned. It is well documented that Danny Ferry didn't want to end up in a upper management position like his dad.
They all resign technically. Mike Brown resigned. That general that Obama fired resigned. It's not really a resignation when your boss types out the letter and orders you to sign it. And never believe anyone when they say they are quitting just so they can spend more time with their familiy.

Another thing to consider is this. Florida has no state income tax while Ohio does so LeBron could wind up with more money in Miami even without a max contract. Higher taxes never produce anything good no matter what politicians would have you believe.

Oh no. Not again.

They all resign technically. Mike Brown resigned. That general that Obama fired resigned. It's not really a resignation when your boss types out the letter and orders you to sign it. And never believe anyone when they say they are quitting just so they can spend more time with their familiy.

I know, but I'm telling you. Ferry really did resign.

That's easy, SAS doesn't work there anymore. :p

If you're a sports fan, you'll watch. Maybe you'll just stay away from the talking heads and stick to the actual games themselves.

Just curious - Does your keyboard have a shift key??

yes, my keyboard has a shift key. but i use voice recognition software due to the rhuematoid arthritis in both my hands so that's why no caps.

it wasn't even him leaving that upset me the most. Ultimately that's his and his families decision. I would be upset at first, but would learn to get over it. What upsets the majority of not only Clevelanders, but all the other teams he teased throughout this process was the way he went about it!

LeBron chose a national stage, in front of millions of viewers, broadcast on cable TV to humiliate all of his die-hard supporters.

I've compared it a few times to a spouse dumping you on national tv and professing her love to another man.

I think that sums it up best. :up

BTW, if HD says that Cleveland fans are 90 percent scar tissue and 10 percent beer, then I feel that Buffalo fans are 75% scar tissue and 25% beer.

I know, but I'm telling you. Ferry really did resign.
Isn't it true that Ferry was one of the few in Cavs management that tried unsuccessfully to limit LeBron's demands??

Ferry convinced Gilbert to step back, let him do his job. But more and more, the owner’s impulsive need to inject himself into everything took over the franchise. Most of all, Gilbert had become the biggest enabler of LeBron James and his inner circle, and that only promises to get worse. Ferry never loved the players’ pregame skits, the hiring of James’ buddies, the associates’ riding on the team plane, but Gilbert seldom said no to anything. He behaved like the permissive parent who believed his kid would love him more if he spoiled him rotten. And it got the Cavs a superstar, James, who never respected anyone and a cast of associates who had the run of the place. Had James wanted Ferry to still be the GM, Gilbert would’ve backed down and Ferry would have a new contract.

This is what makes Gilbert's childish letter to the fans so wrong. He's got no one to blame but himself...

NBA stands at LeBron's beck and call - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Isn't it true that Ferry was one of the few in Cavs management that tried unsuccessfully to limit LeBron's demands??

This is what makes Gilbert's childish letter to the fans so wrong. He's got no one to blame but himself...

NBA stands at LeBron's beck and call - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

You're absolutely right. One of the reasons why he was happy to resign was the lack of him being able to keep the strings on LeBoob short, where the owner catered to him.

BTW, Salsa has handled this whole thing very well with a lot of class.

He hasn't come across as a gloater or salt-wound-pourer in the wake of LeBron's decision- remember, he also said how bad he felt for this site's Cleveland fans.

Hahaha.. Its hilarious how the true cavs fans are now talking smack about their beloved ex king. LMAO BIGTIME

Jimbo said:
Say WHAT ?

Kobe is the KING of Spoiled.

He's where it all STARTED

Kobe was spoiled withthe greatness that is Kwame Brown and Smush Parker. He was also deemed the king and the chosen one straight out of high school

After Gilbert posted a rant -- in the cutesy Comic Sans typeface -- about James' departure on NBA.com, bloggers, newspaper writers and Twitter pundits lashed back with a collective message that essentially said this:

"Unless you're a fourth-grader, or being ironic, or the author of a comic book, or on vacation from the 1990s, never use that typeface."

Cavs owner's letter mocked for Comic Sans font

The Cavs management and their fans are utterly classless. LeBron brought that city so much money, so much economic propsperity and was the ONLY thing making them relevant in ANY sport. Instead of showing some class they disgrace themselves with their words especially the GM when they simply should have said thankyou LeBron. Thankyou for showing us what a packed arena looks like and what a championship series looks like.

vurbano said:
The Cavs management and their fans are utterly classless. LeBron brought that city so much money, so much economic propsperity and was the ONLY thing making them relevant in ANY sport. Instead of showing some class they disgrace themselves with their words especially the GM when they simply should have said thankyou LeBron. Thankyou for showing us what a packed arena looks like and what a championship series looks like.

Yup good luck even filling it out 1/2 full or 1/2 empty depends how u see it now.. BOG4 free ? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)