BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that certainly shows where hockey stands in this country.
What does the James fiasco have to with hockey since his public spectable also drew more than just about every basketball game aired this season? If anything, this saga just goes to show that people really do still watch soap operas. Needless to say, nobody wasted their time watching this trash on Canadian television...the other half of the North American market. ;)

What does the James fiasco have to with hockey since his public spectable also drew more than just about every basketball game aired this season? If anything, this saga just goes to show that people really do still watch soap operas. Needless to say, nobody wasted their time watching this trash on Canadian television...the other half of the North American market. ;)

You should have known that with the Tiger fiasco...:rolleyes:;)

No....that is partial. The OTHER reason is that every single winner here...has been torn down within a year. Marlins....TWICE! HEAT....once already. This towns home town fans have grown very skeptical of th ownership to alot of the teams here.

But you can call it what you will....local teams have not been here long enough to create a strong history like teams in NYC, Chicago, LA. But, one thing they CAN do better than LA, keep it's football team! What kinda of city let's THAT happen?;)
If LA got a stadium and it was the Raiders that moved to LA, they would be successful :p
Anyone else is a big no

Needless to say, nobody wasted their time watching this trash on Canadian television...the other half of the North American market. ;)
That's generous to call Canada half of the North American market when the entire country is only about the size of California. :rolleyes:

nba_g_bosh_wade_james_b1_600.jpg

wow it must hurt for some to see.. joy for lots of us too.

I hope James does not play in the Olympics in 2012. I could never root for a team with him.

Makes me sick seeing him disgrace the #6.

nahh this is the funniest of them all.. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope James does not play in the Olympics in 2012. I could never root for a team with him.

Makes me sick seeing him disgrace the #6.
He will be playing on the FIBA team this summer with Wade/Bosh, so you will have to root for him unfortunately.

For the record, here are the contracts for the Miami trio:

Wade- Six years, 107.5 million dollars
Bosh- Six years, 110.1 million dollars
LeBron- Six years, 110.1 million dollars

That's 327.7 million dollars for just three players!

nba_g_bosh_wade_james_b1_600.jpg

wow it must hurt for some to see.. joy for lots of us too.

ah, the 3 stooges.................odds on which one suffers the season ending injury first? dwade 2=1; lbj 3-1 and bosh 5-1.

i really don't wish ill will on anyone but i am so sick and tired of being force fed lbj's out of control ego day in and day out. what's worse is the guy apparently has no emotion or feelings. he's not a looser. he wasn't in a win win situation so he took the easy way out. i haven't liked the guy since day one and now i detest him. sorry.

ah, the 3 stooges.................odds on which one suffers the season ending injury first? dwade 2=1; lbj 3-1 and bosh 5-1.

i really don't wish ill will on anyone but i am so sick and tired of being force fed lbj's out of control ego day in and day out. what's worse is the guy apparently has no emotion or feelings. he's not a looser. he wasn't in a win win situation so he took the easy way out. i haven't liked the guy since day one and now i detest him. sorry.
Odds of winning the title ?? 35% not bad.

OK I'm tired of all the LeBron criticism I'm hearing. What was the guy supposed to do? He was going to get ripped no matter what he did.

1. LeBron stays in Cleveland. Everyone says he's greedy and just went for the most money, and he'll never win a championship there.

2. LeBron signs with the Knicks. Everyone says he cares more about endorsements than basketball, and now the Knicks are viewed like the Yankees who everyone hates already.

3. LeBron signs with the Bulls. Everyone says he'll never be greater than Jordan and he passed up the opportunity to win somewhere where people will appreciate it.

4. LeBron signs with the Nets. Everyone says he just signed with the worst team in league because of their Russian billionaire owner and a stupid rap star.

5. LeBron signs with the Clippers. Everyone says LeBron lost his freaking mind.

So you see he couldn't win no matter what he did. As it is he took less money to play with 2 other stars and try to form a dynasty. Since when did we start criticizing players for sacrificing something for winning?

And then LeBron gets critcized for announcing his decision on ESPN. Well, funny, half the country was watching so it looks like he did us all a favor. I guess he should have tweeted his decision like this: Hey y'all juss wanted to let you know i talked to my moms and we coming to south beech. Yeah the partys on till 3 in the morn!

Um, where the heck to do you get the idea that he would be criticized nearly as much for staying in Cleveland? Clevelanders would be happy, and I don't think too many in NYC, Chicago, or Miami could blame him for staying in his home town. I think staying would have bought the least criticism by far.

And just because a lot of people watched it does not make the ESPN special right. All it did was serve as a massive "F-You" to Cleveland.

Yes, you might say he is building a dynasty with Wade and Bosh. One that will damage his own legacy. Even if they take home a championship, everyone ill ask if he could have done it without Wade and Bosh. I mean, imagine if Jordan played with Byrd and Johnson. I don't think we would regard Jordan as being the greatest anymore then.

Um, where the heck to do you get the idea that he would be criticized nearly as much for staying in Cleveland? Clevelanders would be happy, and I don't think too many in NYC, Chicago, or Miami could blame him for staying in his home town. I think staying would have bought the least criticism by far.

And just because a lot of people watched it does not make the ESPN special right. All it did was serve as a massive "F-You" to Cleveland.

Yes, you might say he is building a dynasty with Wade and Bosh. One that will damage his own legacy. Even if they take home a championship, everyone ill ask if he could have done it without Wade and Bosh. I mean, imagine if Jordan played with Byrd and Johnson. I don't think we would regard Jordan as being the greatest anymore then.
He would have caught hell for staying in Cleveland. Staying was just what you people wanted, but LeBron doesn't owe a thing to the city of Cleveland.

As far as legacy goes the worst thing for the LeBron legacy is to play 15-20 years and NEVER win a championship. I've never heard of anyone complain that someone couldn't win a championship on their own. The important thing is getting the ring. All stars need some help, and Anderson Varejo wasn't going to cut it.

The Mural is now a thing of the past.. indeed a sad day in Cleveland (???)

nba_a_james_mural_600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)