Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

Stop panicking - I believe it's obviously NOT an external, malicious hack, it'd have been restored from the daily backup already (CTO here ;)).

It IS an 'internal' hijack by CV, most likely ordered by JD.

This little tidbit was posted by JameyK in a different thread. I did a cut and paste.

"Ok...just called a CSR who read a prepared statement....it was really fast but I THINK he said the Dolans have signed a letter of agreement with E* and will continue to operate."

T2k said:
Stop panicking - I believe it's obviously NOT an external, malicious hack, it'd have been restored from the daily backup already (CTO here ;)).

It IS an 'internal' hijack by CV, most likely ordered by JD.

Right, someone inside of CV has "made' this change.. while it might not be the webmaster or someone that anyone on Sat guys has contact with, SOMEONE in side of "Voom / CVC Camp" did this ... or it would been fixed by now.

heels98 said:
I'm not cancelling service, but if a hacker did access the page then (as a poster noted earlier) then I don't want them accessing my account info! Let me know if this is silly or impossible then I won't.

Generally account numbers are kept in secure form, an often on a separate server. Much, much harder to crack than a home page or a general site.

Yes this seems to be the case...it may not be the end but it's been ordered by someone high in the company!

mattb said:
Right, someone inside of CV has "made' this change.. while it might not be the webmaster or someone that anyone on Sat guys has contact with, SOMEONE in side of "Voom / CVC Camp" did this ... or it would been fixed by now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this seems to be the case...it may not be the end but it's been ordered by someone high in the company

The Stone Man said:
This little tidbit was posted by JameyK in a different thread. I did a cut and paste.

"Ok...just called a CSR who read a prepared statement....it was really fast but I THINK he said the Dolans have signed a letter of agreement with E* and will continue to operate."
I appreciate the optimism Stoney, but he thinks that's what a CSR said? Maybe not the most accurate post in the world.

If the message were from a legitimate source, I think the wording would be more eloquent and apologetic. I still cast my vote for a hacker.

No news from Scott or Sean, if it was internally done then I'm not suprised with the fact that they decided to just "hide" the original content an add what you see know.

If if was done externally then I'm not sure what is going on.

Look at the source code on the page.....

This looks a little fishy to me, but look at that page's source code.... I copied here:

Voom Source Code

It look like someone cut out a big portion of it and just added a quick edit... Either this is VERY last minute or someone maliciously did it..

Just my 2 cents...

Brendon

Indy said:
If the message were from a legitimate source, I think the wording would be more eloquent and apologetic. I still cast my vote for a hacker.

I said this in the beginning...the message seems to be too basic/amateurish to be coming from a professional management staff..if it is from James D, ..well it shows his professional ineptness.

I'm going to wait until the CSR's get shut down. If they are still taking orders in 24 hours, I think we'll know a bit more. It has to be fraud to keep signing up people for a service that could be out of business anytime.

nanaberry, that's A1 Satellite's site (3rd party installer).

As far as the source code, it looks okay and like someone already mentioned it's probably a last minute rushed page (as to why META keywords are still there).

I command it closed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts