Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

AS long as JR and his stockholders are running the show I think we will see more of this unless Chuck is able to get a deal done.

I just got home and there are 14 pages to read I have only read 6 since I left work. Got confirmation that the message is real, not hack. So there you go. Inside CVC/VOOM they are stunned as we are that a company like CVC will act this way.

IMO, the ceiling is falling unless there's something more which I have not heard yet. Will keep you posted if I hear something. BTW, CSRs are the last to know.

If this has been already posted, I am sorry.

Its not a fraud.....that message is on the VOOM web site. The fact that retailers are still taking orders means little. Believe me I want VOOM to stay afloat but the fact is the message that we are reading on Vooms web site was put there by someone from VOOM. Not a hack.....it really would have been either shut down by now or redirected to somewhere else.

vinnyv07 said:
Its not a fraud.....that message is on the VOOM web site. The fact that retailers are still taking orders means little. Believe me I want VOOM to stay afloat but the fact is the message that we are reading on Vooms web site was put there by someone from VOOM. Not a hack.....it really would have been either shut down by now or redirected to somewhere else.

too funny. Now you say that AFTER SEAN confirms its real. LMFAO

Sean Mota said:
I just got home and there are 14 pages to read I have only read 6 since I left work. Got confirmation that the message is real, not hack. So there you go. Inside CVC/VOOM they are stunned as we are that a company like CVC will act this way.

IMO, the ceiling is falling unless there's something more which I have not heard yet. Will keep you posted if I hear something. BTW, CSRs are the last to know.

If this has been already posted, I am sorry.

I think they have to act this way. They have to do everything necessary to shut down VOOM. Unless chuck comes through with a deal.

so is there any other service out there that offers TNT HD, ESPN HD, Universal HD, HBOHD, Showtime HD, Stars HD, Cinemax HD, Encore HD, and all the reast of the basic HD channels that voom offers (obviously no voom 21 stuff), just to be prepared, i'm looking at dish TV and direct TV, and they only seem to have hbo, showtime, espn, dish has tnt, while direct tv has universal, besides locals, thats it. My cable company is even worse, offering only ESPN HD on top of hbo and showtime.

I think the message is real, sorry to say. Yes, it’s tacky and unprofessional, but it is consistent with the press released yesterday about giving 30 days before shutting down Voom. But, perhaps it is there for the world to see regardless of whether or not an agreement with Chuck Dolan is made within the 30 day period.

So in that case, in CVC’s eyes, they will in fact shut down or terminate Voom as part of CVC the company in 30 days. Whether Chuck Dolan continues the service as Voom HD, LLC is the million dollar question?

vurbano said:
I think they have to act this way. They have to do everything necessary to shut down VOOM. Unless chuck comes through with a deal.

I'm pretty sure that cvc doesn't want to strike a deal with the dolans, otherwise they would have done that last night.

The only way that I see dolan getting voom is to go to timewarner and selling his stock to them so that he can have his baby.

As for james and his very rude message on voom.com f**k U

djjsin said:
so is there any other service out there that offers TNT HD, ESPN HD, Universal HD, HBOHD, Showtime HD, Stars HD, Cinemax HD, Encore HD, and all the reast of the basic HD channels that voom offers (obviously no voom 21 stuff), just to be prepared, i'm looking at dish TV and direct TV, and they only seem to have hbo, showtime, espn, dish has tnt, while direct tv has universal, besides locals, thats it. My cable company is even worse, offering only ESPN HD on top of hbo and showtime.

Same here except cable offers a little more :(. If cable had the local HD here Id go to cable.

Should I get VavaVoom for free now?

I wonder if it is possible to order the upgrade now and I will not be charged for the upgrade package since they are shutting down.

Keep the thread open! First time I have heard the news is "ture". We need more info on this new term!

So the message is real. So what? How does that make anything different than it was yesterday? It's still just people saying what's gonna happen. Could just be a part of the negotiation process/pissing contest. If they want to impress me, it's too late for words/threats. I've heard it too many times. I'll believe they're serious when it's gone. Until then, I just hear a little boy crying "wolf!".

danielle_s said:
I'm pretty sure that cvc doesn't want to strike a deal with the dolans, otherwise they would have done that last night.

The only way that I see dolan getting voom is to go to timewarner and selling his stock to them so that he can have his baby.

As for james and his very rude message on voom.com f**k U

I think your right. sell chuck sell!!!!

TheTimm said:
So the message is real. So what? How does that make anything different than it was yesterday? It's still just people saying what's gonna happen. Could just be a part of the negotiation process/pissing contest. If they want to impress me, it's too late for words/threats. I've heard it too many times. I'll believe they're serious when it's gone. Until then, I just hear a little boy crying "wolf!".

Its different because it will create an exodus of subs. SUbsciber numbers will go down from today and not stop decreasing until they are all gone unless chuck buys Voom somehow.

vurbano said:
Its different because it will create an exodus of subs. SUbsciber numbers will go down from today and not stop decreasing until they are all gone unless chuck buys Voom somehow.
Gee, that sounds like a pretty good negotiating tactic.

Indy said:
Keep the thread open! First time I have heard the news is "ture". We need more info on this new term!

ture-abnormally frequent poster that cannot understand the function of SpellCheck.

what we need to do is go to our neighbors and local outlets and tell them that it's still business as usual and to continue selling voom.

GO VOOM GO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts