Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

bruce said:
Cable might "blow" for you, but it is different everywhere.

Metro Detroit/Comcast gets ESPN, Discovery, InHD 1 and 2, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Max, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS and of course, the mighty HD-DVR.

Everyone should check out their local cable company ( no contracts), at least until D* and E* gets some sense into them, and tell them your leaving a DBS company, Comcast gives you $25.00 off a month, maybe other companies will do the same.
I'm in the same Metro Detroit. Comcast has too little HD for too much money to interest me.

bruce said:

Metro Detroit/Comcast gets ESPN, Discovery, InHD 1 and 2, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Max, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS and of course, the mighty HD-DVR.

Everyone should check out their local cable company ( no contracts), at least until D* and E* gets some sense into them, and tell them your leaving a DBS company, Comcast gives you $25.00 off a month, maybe other companies will do the same.

No tnthd? No universalHD?

wow nothing compares to the offering Voom has.

Post 255

Amphicar770 said:
Oh well, we can always join justalurker in watching the SD Bingo channel on E*.
Or you can go back to cable. I've only watched BongoTV long enough to mock it.
danielle_s said:
maybe JL did it, joking
I don't believe it is a joke. But then I'm only only on post 42 as I type this.
bryan27 said:
I was going to say someone that lurks like a racoon hacked the site.
Ah, more love from Voomers.
vurbano said:
Have they arrested JL or boo yet for hacking the site?
And the love continues!
bryan27 said:
It makes you wonder we haven't heard a peep out of justafartinthewind. I have been expecting him to say there is no evidence the site was hacked and why won't you believe VOOM is dead it is right there on their website ;)
I just got home and plowed the driveway. Only three inches down, but drifting. Yes, I have a life. Right now I'm reading. Yours was post 168 in the thread.
danielle_s said:
It's not like JL and GadgetRick not to be around going I TOLD YOU SO
Thanks.
vurbano said:
justafartinthewind............. now thats funny
In junior high, maybe. But then I shouldn't expect more from the distraught.
GreatMac said:
Maybe JL finally got a job: patting James on the back :eek:
I have a job, and it isn't at a satellite or cable company.

And now, at post 216, a moment of truth -
Sean Mota said:
Got confirmation that the message is real, not hack. So there you go. Inside CVC/VOOM they are stunned as we are that a company like CVC will act this way.

BTW: I'm posting because of the personal attention given to me in this thread BEFORE I SAID A SINGLE WORD about the website. Feel free to apologize for your slanders. (Except Sean, of course, he didn't stoop to slander. And danielle_s who actually passed a compliment!)

JL

vurbano said:
No tnthd? No universalHD?

wow nothing compares to the offering Voom has.

Your missing the point, I was not comparing it to Voom, it is just better then D* and E* right now, use cable until D* and E* get better, you are not stuck with a contract as you would be with D* and E*.

bruce said:

I agree. The cable company that services my area has more HD channels than Dish or DirecTV plus all local HD channels and an HD DVR for $6 a month. Obviously, it pales in comparison to Voom, but I'll stick with cable until something better comes along. I'm skeptical, but I'll see what DirecTV with their supposed HD expansion over the next year or so.

I kinda figured this would lead to some activity in the chat room, but nope, just me and the dust bunnies.

TheTimm said:
I'm in the same Metro Detroit. Comcast has too little HD for too much money to interest me.

Well, for me , I get every channel HD and SD, 2 HD-DVRs, broadband and landline phone for $120.00 a month for six months, then it jumps to $130.00 for 16 months( DBS buy back), if I did not use the phone-$100.00 a month, just cable about $70.00 a month.

I have the name of our areas local sales rep if you want it, he makes commission, so he will really work hard to get the deal.

So on a whim I decided to look up VoomLLC.com to see if maybe there was something.... It's registered to a company called MC Squared Inc. from Pennington, NJ. It was created today, but the website isn't up yet.

Here's the official website of MC Squared: http://www.mcsqd.com/index3.html

I think the Dolans are with VOOM HD, LLC. VOOM LLC may be something else.

Is this what you call an "orderly" transition? As someone posted earlier, they have all our email addresses and send us their newsletter. It would have seemed more orderly to have written to the sub base at the same time they shut the site down. "Mother of Mercy...is this is the end of Rico?"

I also agree that the final chapter will probably bring down Cablevision as well.

bruce said:
Well, for me , I get every channel HD and SD, 2 HD-DVRs, broadband and landline phone for $120.00 a month for six months, then it jumps to $130.00 for 16 months( DBS buy back), if I did not use the phone-$100.00 a month, just cable about $70.00 a month.

I have the name of our areas local sales rep if you want it, he makes commission, so he will really work hard to get the deal.
No thanks. I'm familiar with their HD offerings, and there just isn't enough to make it worth the money to me. Should Voom indeed go the way of the dodo, I'll just have to live with OTA -- and I guess I'll start renting DVD's again, maybe go to a movie or two.

vurbano said:
D* small offering, HD PQ sucks
E* no plans, small offering SD PQ sucks
cable - no local HD

They all blow
i cant speak for all cable co but as for d and e granted there not fully up to speed on hd . But let us not forget that they both have been trying to add all 2oo or so dma locals And were both born back when it was who had more channels thats where the majority of bandwith and sats are used for .voom in fact had to produce 21 of its own hd channels due to the simple fact thers not alot of hd channels . voom was created to serve hd comsumers . but can not soley survive on that permise . many people dont have hd sets nor multiple sets . voom should have had 2 sats up and running with mpeg 4 . one for sd one for hd . and they sould have also offered the option of hd only package

gutter said:
Is this what you call an "orderly" transition? As someone posted earlier, they have all our email addresses and send us their newsletter. It would have seemed more orderly to have written to the sub base at the same time they shut the site down. "Mother of Mercy...is this is the end of Rico?"

I also agree that the final chapter will probably bring down Cablevision as well.

this is what bothers me the most. I don't care how little your customers are, they should be informed, at the same time websites are updated. They are saying that there customers have 30 day's to transition. Nope, they haven't told any of there customers yet. Just because they changed the website. How many customers look at the website every day? Probubly not many. I'm sure 80% of there customers have no clue as to anything of whats going on right now. I really hope that dolan sells his shares of stock, even if he doesn't get voom. I know i will never support anything cablevision does after this (doubt id even get the opportunity too since i'm in los angeles)

What's with the voom ad at the top of this page??????

Voom saying "Don't get burned"????

What about those of us that bought our receivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)