Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

Andrew B said:
AAWWWW!!! No way! Maybe for SOME of the programming on MOOV, but not for TANK. That rocked! I was hoping for a TANK channel...
oh well...
I guess I won't be getting my rain fade dish (26") now...
:no

Tank is great. SHould have been its own channel. Moov should have been canned though

I don't kow how many of you were around then (1995), but this eerily reminds me of my days loving the 3DO. A group of totally committed people flooded chat rooms then as well and had a hard time believing the inevitable.

I really think VOOM is done....I'll miss it without a doubt.

truqui said:
I'm not home right now...is HD News really saying something about all this?

I've only had it on for a few minutes but I haven't heard anything.

Oh- and Tank is on Lab/Moov right now.

OK here is what is happening. Satellite Guys is trying to get a record number of hits on their site so they hacked the Voom site?

lets all pray. Someone save us from the macro blocking monster that is D* HD and the "no content is worthy" E*. HELP

I just bought my first HDTV last Saturday and signed up with VOOM today (March 19th install)...

vurbano said:
Have they arrested JL or boo yet for hacking the site?

It makes you wonder we haven't heard a peep out of justafartinthewind. I have been expecting him to say there is no evidence the site was hacked and why won't you believe VOOM is dead it is right there on their website ;)

jeslevine said:
OK here is what is happening. Satellite Guys is trying to get a record number of hits on their site so they hacked the Voom site?

That silly thought crossed my mind 30 minutes ago LMAO

Lars said:
I don't kow how many of you were around then (1995), but this eerily reminds me of my days loving the 3DO. A group of totally committed people flooded chat rooms then as well and had a hard time believing the inevitable.

First the Commodore Amiga, now VOOM. Mediocrity wins again.

The site was not "hacked and redirected"

If you do a lookup on the host names voom.com and cablevision.com they are both on the same ip subnet meaning their probally sitting in the same Datacenter.

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: voom.com
Address: 66.54.41.216

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: cablevision.com
Address: 66.54.41.193

MEANING! Someone inside of CableVision / CVC / Voom probally MADE the change...

interesting

bryan27 said:
It makes you wonder we haven't heard a peep out of justafartinthewind. I have been expecting him to say there is no evidence the site was hacked and why won't you believe VOOM is dead it is right there on their website ;)
he has been missing from this discussion, and usually he is the first to rub salt into the wound

vurbano said:
lets all pray. Someone save us from the macro blocking monster that is D* HD and the "no content is worthy" E*. HELP
Really.....this is the thing that depresses me the most. I have Directv right now and Im afraid that I'll never watch HD the same again. Well, I still have my OTA Ant.

bryan27 said:

justafartinthewind............. now thats funny

I wonder if there is any hope of at least some of the 21 HD channels staying alive and being offered to other companies?

They already have AMC, WE, etc. They could offer Equator, Rave, Animania, Monsters and at least one "rolled into one" Cinema 10 channel.

Maybe this should be a new thread....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts