Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

CSR totally upset about the news.

I also called Voom about their web site and the csr were not able to explain what were going on, she then she went to the web site and she were in a lost for words, She were totally blown away. All she could say is business as usual. They have no clue what is going on, this lady was very upset after seeing it on their web site. This type of behavior is totally unexceptable, very
unprofessional to say the least. The Drama Continues...

And if it's hacked, which according to Sean, it is, then they have no control over the content. It's more than likely not originating on their server.

Lob

Lobstah said:
Doesn't anyone read anymore? lol

Yes, I read, but what the hell do you expect when there were only a few posts and no page 2, but after you posted you're message is on page 3.

Geez give us a bone. This post will probably end up on page six even though there were only 3 pages when I started typing.

Pulling the plug on the server is not the best way to go. They are trying to regain access to the server (if it is indeed hacked). They need to server to be alive in order to gain access to it.

I have some twenty-odd channels of HD available right now, and not one is as entertaining as watching all the drama around here! :D

Got panic?

take it offline, and recode the html

danielle_s said:
Pulling the plug on the server is not the best way to go. They are trying to regain access to the server (if it is indeed hacked). They need to server to be alive in order to gain access to it.
that is what I meant

I see a movie in the works....This is better than Hollywood. Who's gonna play James and Charles Dolan?

danielle_s said:
the message I posted was sent to the call center AFTER the call center learned what happened to the site.
Yes, I too contacted the call center. The CSR was not even aware of this until I told him about it. They are in a state of total confusion. The csr's are theorizing just as we are. Some are saying it must be a hack, others are saying it must be the work of Dolan Jr. Point is that they do not know much more than we do at this moment.

Lets assume it is a definitive hack. Lets assume that they are unable to shut it down (odd but possible). Voom has most of our email addresses. I I were Voom I would send an urgent customer alert via email.

I continue to hope for the best but I am not going to claim, as some seem to be doing, that I know exactly what has happened here. I think that your "explanation" has as much or as little credibility as any other we have seen in the past hour. That is all.

"Geez give us a bone"

NOW you're talkin' ;)

Then we can all sit back and watch the MOOV channel! :)

Lob

TheTimm said:
I have some twenty-odd channels of HD available right now, and not one is as entertaining as watching all the drama around here! :D

Got panic?

I agree...I'm supposed to be working but with action and drama like this...no way I'm doing anything else...LOL

People keep blaming Jr for this... But, remember that CVC is a PUBLIC corporation, Jr is CEO, that means he runs the company until he is no longer CEO. Yes Sr may be able to use his proxies to vote Jr out of office if he chooses to do so, but he has not chosen to do so.

If Dolan Sr wanted to fire Jr he would have to call a meeting of the board of directors and get the board member to vote to fire Jr. If he cannot get the votes then could he have a proxy fight to UNSEAT a bunch of board members and get voted in a bunch of board members that would take his position. This would involve an election and all shareholders would vote. Yes Sr has the votes to guarantee his victory, but it is not something that can be done overnight and is also probably unlikely to be able to be done by 3/31/05.

Public companies are set up to be accountible to ALL shareholders. If they are not (look at Adelphia's founders) even the majority shareholders can go to jail for abusing the company.

CVC owns all of VOOM, Rainbow DBS, etc, Jr is CEO, if he wants the shutdown message on the web site, that is what will happen. AFTER ALL THE BOARD VOTED FOR IT ALSO!!

For what it is worth, the statement on the site does not sound like it has gone through legal. Maybe just wishful thinking, but it reads like a layperson wrote it, which would be surprising for an established company.

May Voom Live :heart

May James be in the way of a blind-drunk truck driver :yikes

NO public company would NOT post such worded message on their website, no matter what happened.

Let's see and wait.

Is it me or does the Voom logo that you see on this possibly hacked website look a little 'funny' compared to whats on this website?

"Lets assume it is a definitive hack. Lets assume that they are unable to shut it down (odd but possible). Voom has most of our email addresses. I I were Voom I would send an urgent customer alert via email."

Why? Hell...what percentage of the customer base has visited the website since that happened? Sending out an 'urgent' alert at this point only puts MORE panic in the system, which btw, is exactly what people on this site have done by calling every CSR there and pointing this out. It's one thing when one person notes it because they're ON the site when it happens, so they mention it, but why does anyone else have to call? You're just adding to the stress of everyone working there.

Lob

Here what is hidden at www.voom.com, when you right click and select View Source:

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta name="title" content="VOOM: Over 120 channels of great entertainment"
meta name="description" content="With VOOM, you get the ultimate in home entertainment! Over 35 HD channels, including premium channels in HD and 21 commercial-free HD channels: our HD Originals. Plus your Cable Favorites, giving you over 120 channels in all! Not just the most HDTV. The best TV. That's VOOM."
meta name="Keywords" content="VOOM, HDTV delivered, HD, HDTV, high definition television, high-definition television, HDTV review, hdtv receiver, hdtv satellite receiver, high definition receiver, satellite, satellite television, satellite HDTV, Rainbow DBS, DBS, satellite dish, digital television, zoom"
META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"
META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"
META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"
title VOOM : The Most HDTV Anywhere/title
link rel="stylesheet" href="/common/common.css"
/head

Whoever did this it is so unprofessional, he did not even delete keywords.
Maybe Voom is dead, but VoomHD will live on! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts