Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

vurbano said:
I think they owe poet his reciever cost less any discounts or free months of service.

I agree, but big companies don't work that way, look at how they announced the shut off date of Voom, do you think they will care about madpoet's STBs, Cablevision just wants to shut the door and run.

vurbano said:
I think they owe poet his reciever cost less any discounts or free months of service.

I'm with you vurbano ;). Seriously, I would happily subtract the cost of my 1 free month (all I received) and the fees I would have paid to rent the receivers for the 10 months or whatever and take the difference. They can have the boxes back, I don't need them.

bruce said:
I agree, but big companies don't work that way, look at how they announced the shut off date of Voom, do you think they will care about madpoet's STBs, Cablevision just wants to shut the door and run.

I think that because he's dealing with a large company he will get his money back. He'd be in more trouble if voom had spun off and folded. Cant get blood from a turnip.

Cablevision systems

From http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050228/286239_1.html

Press Release Source: Cablevision Systems Corporation

Cablevision and VOOM HD End Discussions without Agreement Regarding Sale of Rainbow DBS
Monday February 28, 6:37 pm ET

BETHPAGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 28, 2005--Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC - News) today announced that it and VOOM HD, LLC have ended discussions without reaching a definitive agreement regarding an acquisition by VOOM HD of the business, assets and liabilities of Cablevision's Rainbow DBS satellite business not included in Cablevision's definitive agreement with EchoStar announced January 20, 2005.
The previously announced letter of intent between Cablevision and VOOM HD to pursue such a transaction expired today. As a result, Cablevision will close down the VOOM business.

Cablevision said that it plans to provide the VOOM service to current satellite television customers during a transition period of a minimum of 30 days. The company will seek to make the transition as smooth as possible for customers and will communicate directly with customers regarding those plans. The company also said that it will encourage employees whose jobs would be affected by the closing of the VOOM service to pursue employment opportunities elsewhere at Cablevision.

Cablevision Systems Corporation is one of the nation's leading entertainment and telecommunications companies. Its cable television operations serve 3 million households in the New York metropolitan area. The company's advanced telecommunications offerings include its iO: Interactive Optimum digital television offering, Optimum Online high-speed Internet service, Optimum Voice digital voice-over-cable service, and its Lightpath integrated business communications services. Cablevision's Rainbow Media Holdings LLC operates several successful programming businesses, including AMC, IFC, WE and other national and regional networks. In addition to its telecommunications and programming businesses, Cablevision is the controlling owner of Madison Square Garden and its sports teams, the New York Knicks, Rangers and Liberty. The company also operates New York's famed Radio City Music Hall, and owns and operates Clearview Cinemas. Additional information about Cablevision Systems Corporation is available on the Web at www.cablevision.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cablevision Systems Corporation
Charlie Schueler, 516-803-1013

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Cablevision Systems Corporation

Well I upgraded the VOOM pak to the Va Va VOOM pak tonight--CSR states that they are still taking orders for installs--friend down the block 3/14/05--my shop 3/15/05 when asked about the web page they say that "Head office says business as usual".

hmm maybe we should all upgrade to vavavoom since we may never have to pay for it :)

branchbouncer said:
Well I upgraded the VOOM pak to the Va Va VOOM pak tonight--CSR states that they are still taking orders for installs--friend down the block 3/14/05--my shop 3/15/05 when asked about the web page they say that "Head office says business as usual".
Makes you LYAO... :yes

What is more of a shame is that Dad started the biss and raised the rugrats and you get one that has every thing handed to him and he thinks he now is a know it all,there is a trud in every toilet

What would they want the boxes for? I want to know if I can order an install for 2 more TVs then all my TV's will have an OTA STB, while I'm at it I may as well upgrade to Va Va VOOM.

Since VOOM will aparently be "shut down" March 31st I'll just give myself a free month of service. If it is confimed that VOOM will be dark in a few weeks do they really think we will pay our final bills? Lets really stick it to James and CVC by having all subs upgrade to Va Va VOOM, then not pay the bill after March 31st. That will leave them with a nice loss of over 4 million in one month on top of the expensive shut down costs.

And I hope that the day after ink has dried on the sale of the satellite to E* that the satellite blows-up or even better it crashes into Echostar III.

bryan27 said:
And I hope that the day after ink has dried on the sale of the satellite to E* that the satellite blows-up or even better it crashes into Echostar III.

Now thats not nice.. Not because of what you said, but becasue you thought ot if before i did..

zombie said:
Now thats not nice.. Not because of what you said, but becasue you thought ot if before i did..

We are all going to have to start a VOOM support group and have group therapy. Ever since Jan.21st we've been on this mind f**K and it is bound to affect our little minds :(

bryan27 said:
We are all going to have to start a VOOM support group and have group therapy. Ever since Jan.21st we've been on this mind f**K and it is bound to affect our little minds :(
I wonder if we can sue cvc for emotional distress? We just need to file in a really liberal state :)

vurbano said:
what was your reciever cost? and what perks did you recieve? free months of programming etc?

Any free programming received by charter members was received because VOOM didn't have all the channels that they advertised working yet. VOOM kept extending the free programming period and money back guarantee period. Any free months of programming received were not asked for, didn't contain all the channels, and were on a receiver with faulty firmware.

bryan27 said:
... And I hope that the day after ink has dried on the sale of the satellite to E* that the satellite blows-up or even better it crashes into Echostar III.
It's not like E*put VOOM out of business. VOOM was never viable from the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)