Broadband problem VIP 722

I have L721 software. Every time I check the connection it says broadband is connected. However, when I do analysis and send data it shows no connection. I go through all the steps and finally get a connection with a confirmation code. This lasts until I shut the unit down and then it recyles to not connected. In addition , I have been trying to find 3D movies o nvideo on demand. I was told the 722 is 3D capable. However, I have never been able to find a 3D movie on VOD channels 1 or 501. Is this the same broadband connection problem?

I have L721 software. Every time I check the connection it says broadband is connected. However, when I do analysis and send data it shows no connection. I go through all the steps and finally get a connection with a confirmation code. This lasts until I shut the unit down and then it recyles to not connected. In addition , I have been trying to find 3D movies o nvideo on demand. I was told the 722 is 3D capable. However, I have never been able to find a 3D movie on VOD channels 1 or 501. Is this the same broadband connection problem?

The connection issue sounds like it may be the same. The box loses its mind and thinks it is not connected, even though it still is (you can still ping the box and even sling will usually work).

The no-3D is separate. 722 does support 3D now and it does work. However, I do not believe they have any 3D on the streaming service at this time. The only 3D I have seen so far was Captain America on 1/501 for two or three weeks, but that has dropped off now.

I wish Dish would post some short 5 minute or so 1080p and 3D demos to stream so folks could see that it really works for them.

I wish Dish would post some short 5 minute or so 1080p and 3D demos to stream so folks could see that it really works for them.

Now that would be a great idea. I called in to Dish thinking that my 722 was just not seeing the 3d offerings and the CSR is sending a tech to check my equipment. I guess the CSRs do no know that there are no 3d offerings. If there is no 3d offerings, what good will a tech coming to my house do.

The connection issue sounds like it may be the same. The box loses its mind and thinks it is not connected, even though it still is (you can still ping the box and even sling will usually work).

The no-3D is separate. 722 does support 3D now and it does work. However, I do not believe they have any 3D on the streaming service at this time. The only 3D I have seen so far was Captain America on 1/501 for two or three weeks, but that has dropped off now.

Currently there are VOD selections for 3D. Those selections are available on the VIP 722, VIP 722k and VIP 922. Those selections are Captain America: The First Avenger 3D, Green Lantern 3D and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-Part 2 3D. As far as the demos go I have passed that information along thanks to a PM from odbrv.

Has the issue with 722's and sling been addressed? Mine still doesn't work. I can't see or schedule the 722 DVR events online but the 612 shows online just fine. DISH please fix this issue, I paid $99 for the sling adapter and it doesn't work. It did until Oct 1st and the L721 S/W update.

Still no luck with my 722. On Dish Online, it reports that my 722 is not connected to the internet.
I can still access my slingbox / receiver from my iPad about 20 percent of the time - but NEVER from my computer on the internet.

Others have said that they have NO PROBLEMS using their 622 / 612 receivers and Slingbox. The 722 problem has to be nailed down and FIXED!
It has been 2 months - DISH is still promoting and selling these as though these features work - and THEY DO NOT!

Mine keeps going offline randomly. Resetting the receiver wont work neither will resetting my network connection. If i physically disconnect the ethernet cable from the box and reconnect it, the box goes back online for a few minutes and them drops again. Then magically it goes back up and down whenever it pleases it. Of course this makes using my sling adapter near impossible. Maybe dish should just distribute sling boxes and dish the adapter.

Agreed, the problem is still there on L7.22. C'mon Dish, it has been more than 2 months that my sling functionality has been broken. Time to get it fixed!

I dont think I am going to put up with it for nuch longer. AT&T even gave me a new modem. This should of been fixed at least 6 weeks ago. Why are we paying for something that we are not getting. This issue needs to be escalated. Because "soon" according to Dish, means forever.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have a question: my 722k is at L690 and wont update to L750 even though I have tried to force it to update. I am guessing it has to do with my poor broadband connectivity to the receiver as I stated above since the receiver resets before the update. Is there anything I can do to make it update?

The update comes over the satellite and has nothing to do with broadband... Not all receivers get the update at the same time. Patience Grasshopper....

Come on Dish FIX THIS PROBLEM. You people always move like molasses. Once it is fixed there will be something else which drags on for months.

I'm so sick of itas of Monday i am dropping BBMP and HBO. The movies in the mail have now started to take 4 or 5 days to arrive from 160 miles away lol.
I am signing up with Amazon Prime as I have it on my TV and Blu-ray player. It is $79 for a year and included 2 day free shipping on any purchases and unlimited streaming of the movies (including new ones),tv shows (including HBO series). Which means I will gain more than I will lose and save money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts