Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Bye Bye MPEG 2??

Does anyone know when are they going to change the ESPN,ESPN 2 and all the other old station to the beautiful MPEG 4? Hopefully soon since there has been a move starting with LA locals.

Last edited:
I would think that by the end of this year you will see all of the HD programming migrated over to D10 and D11 in MPEG4.

To do this they have to give the legacy HD subs ample opportunity to upgrade their dishes (and IRDS), and they have begun the process - by offering upgrades to NASCAR subs, and to Professional Sports Package subs, and now to those relying on the West Coast HD DNS feeds - and I would assume in a month or so that they will do the same for East Coast HD DNS subs.

Once everyone has been given notice and time to order new equipment, they can pull the MPEG2 plug.

But - the process is well under way of migrating legacy HD subs over to the new platforms.

Have all MLB Superfan subscribers been contacted or just west coast subscribers? I was an MLB superfan subscriber last season and have not heard anything from Directv in regards to upgrading. Not that it matters since I am one of the unfortunate few that can not upgrade to the newer dish because of LOS issues.

Have all MLB Superfan subscribers been contacted or just west coast subscribers? I was an MLB superfan subscriber last season and have not heard anything from Directv in regards to upgrading. Not that it matters since I am one of the unfortunate few that can not upgrade to the newer dish because of LOS issues.

Do you have a 3 lnb dish now? If so, it is HIGHLY unlikely that you can't get a good los with a 5 lnb dish.

Not sure if they contacted all yet, but they have started.
They only do upgrades for MLB if you have NO MPEG4 equipment.
If you have MPEG4 equip and no 5 lnb dish, they should upgrade the dish for you, but you'd need to call them.

OP, do you mind putting a question mark after the thread title? This would show that it is a question and has no new information in it.

I have a 3LNB dish presently. I have had 2 attempts at having the 5LNB installed and both times I was told it would not be possible. My 3LNB dish is mounted to a tripod on my roof.

I have a 3LNB dish presently. I have had 2 attempts at having the 5LNB installed and both times I was told it would not be possible. My 3LNB dish is mounted to a tripod on my roof.

A standard tripod isn't big enough for the 2" pole the Slimline requires. There are larger ones available, but they are not cheap. The Slimline is heavier and larger than the 3 lnb dishes, therefore not as stable. As long as you are not extending the pole much, I would think it would work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)