C-Band Dish and Ku Dish One Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh, I'm going to use a 10 foot dish for C Band and I'd like to use a 8 foot dish for KU, can I do that? Will it hard to make the lnb work, or should I just buy one of those 39 inch dish lnb combos that are on ebay?

I'd like to use a 8 foot dish for KU, can I do that? Will it hard to make the lnb work, or should I just buy one of those 39 inch dish lnb combos that are on ebay?
Depends on the mesh size, etc. Read more here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/mesh-size-for-ku-band.340401/#post-3501311 If the dish specs are good you will also need something like this to center the lnb properly: I tried to get c and ku on a single 8' dish using a combo lnb (ku/c in one unit) and was less that pleased but again that that was with a combo lnb (many people have had poor results with them). If you use the dish for ku reception only you may find out it works very well. Won't know until you try. If it doesn't you can still set up a motorized ku dish and use the second 8' for c band feed hunting or circular reception.:)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts