Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
I just replaced my BSC-421 on my 7.5 footer with the new C-2 that I just got. The 30--0--30 markings are oriented differently on the 2 LNBFs. So I looked down each one's "throat" and the probes are in the exact same place with respect to the box on the outside -not the 30--0--30 marks. So, I installed the new one oriented the same way the old (421) was, disregarding the marking,and I got nothing on the 4DTV 'till I selected "Rotated 90" in the menu. The 30--0--30 on the old 421 was lined up with the "0" on the north-south axis of the dish and it worked without rotated 90 selected. I'm confused, since the probes inside are aligned the same as the old one was. They should both be the same, no? :confused:

I've noticed from previous C2 LNB's that they are off by 90 degrees for some reason

Interesting as my old 421 was also 90 degrees off
see attached pic...this was the 99/103 dish setup I had a while back

my true south is 93

Attachments

• 000_0092.jpg
    000_0092.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 195
So should I turn it so the 4DTV works without "rotated 90" selected..? 'cause the 4200V will be sharing this feed, and everything gets entered manually on it so reverse polarity will be a royal PITA!

Rotated it so the 30--0--30 marks are lined up with the polar axis and ...success! The DSR-920 and the DSR-4200V are sharing the 7.5! The polarities are correct. Thanks Ice. -That was just step one...going back outside now. :) (The Primestars are looking at me funny...they know they're next!) :eek:

cool. Have fun with it

I got one of my C2's up on the "ghetto" C-Band (after I broke the 621-2)...have to replace the stacked C-Band with another C2......the stacked one works fine but the Quali-TV only has a LNB LO of 5150 so for horizontal transponders I have to subtract 600 from the frequency

and with no blind scan...that sucks

One more thing...

Now that the C2 is feeding 2 receivers, (920 and 4200) can I use a 3x4 multi-switch on this LNBF to feed 3 receivers? (adding DSR-410) -Now that Skyvision will authorize my 410 for $40 it's going to see some use! :)

yes you can :)

I am putting mine into a 4x4 with a dish for G18 to run to a few receivers in the house

networks & G18...a great combination :D

Cool... after my blown-up port #3 diseqc thing, I'm kinda cautious about this "FTA overhaul" -only adding one thing at a time, and checking each time to make sure everything still works! Thanks Ice, the switch goes on it tomorrow.:)
networks & G18...a great combination
-True there!

So, the C2 will work with the 4DTV?
I was wondering about that.
I haven't have a chance to check it out, my pinched nerve and bad weather keeping me at bay.

So, the C2 will work with the 4DTV?
I was wondering about that.
Yep, just go in the menu on your 4DTV and select "C-band LNBF" in the dish settings, then you're good to go! Mine also works fine with my DSR-4200V commercial receiver and my DSR-410 too! :)

I don't want to hijack this tread but I have a question for Ice.
How many degrees apart do you get puting the two c band lnbfs like that?

I want to do the same thing but I would like to know the separation in degrees.

Thanks,

yes you can :)

I am putting mine into a 4x4 with a dish for G18 to run to a few receivers in the house

networks & G18...a great combination :D

Just got done replacing the stacked LNB with a C2 and I gained a few points on some channels and a couple feeds went way up (from 40 to almost 60) :)

Now to wire up the 4x4 which will be done later today (cable just got run for 2nd line)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)