called to cancel service

Well as soon as I hit a certain milestone tear the offers to renew at a reduced rate dried up. I know others that experienced the same thing. At forst i thought the offers had dried up for others as wel but that does not seem to be the case if you believe the posts here.

I called to cancel my trial subscription today. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no resistance, pushback, or demand for explanation as to why I did not want to keep the service after the trial period. The rep just thanked me for trying the service, informed me that the service would end on 5/4 and we ended the call.

I just can't stand the sound quality. It's terrible! Star Talk is the only thing I'll miss. But even that I can get off my phone.

Reactions: TheKrell
Called to cancel my XM Select service this morning. Got them to renew at my current promotion rate, 6 months for $24.99 plus royalty fee.

I cancelled the service yesterday. I was expecting to be disconnected several times and having to hem and haw through offers. Surprisingly, it took less than 5 minutes and had confirmation e-mail before I hung up. I had the $199/yr all access (Sirius side) and they first offered all access discounted to $119 + plus royalty. Second offer, was just plain $119 with tax/fees included for all access, then third offer was 6 months for $24.99 (add $2 month for online listening). As TNGTony alluded to above, the sound quality was just piss poor (especially on Sirius units). The mobile app had become better especially with the 320 bit rate.

Made my semi-annaul call. Got the exact same thing I had last time, which is nice, took about 10 minutes, mostly which is them reading terms/script.

One radio - 6 months All Access (for the online feature, and NFL games, though I don't need that in summer) for $50.

Second radio - 5 months Select for $25. Push back that I want both radios six months for the "same cycle" and they gave me the Select for 6 months for $25.

$75 plus about $10 in royalty fee / tax and good to go for another 6 months.

$100 per car per year is about the limit I will spend for XM, but I pay a little extra to have the phone access and NFL. Love having MLB/NFL/NHL on my phone and in my cars.

Got the exact same deal again. $50 for 6 months all-access and $25 for 6 months select on my second vehicle.

Best call ever. I said my six months is up, and I want the same exact deal I had before or I will cancel. He said no problem, read the script, processed my card, done in 5 minutes.

At least this one CSR finally realized what XM radio is worth to me.

I had Sirus auto bill me the other day for nearly $180 - I about flipped! I called and told them that I had straight told them to not auto bill me...so had to get refunded and then tell them to cancel it but they offered 5 months for like $25 or something close to that so I stayed with it. My problem with the whole thing is that I hardly hardly use it at all... only in my new car do I have it and its only used for out and about trips kinda like a luxury vehicle. We have it with Dish then they should give us a code to get it free as long as we have dish for at least 1 radio.

If you got one radio's use just because you had a Dish sub you might expect the cost of your Dish sub to rise about $15 a month.... Think about it! ;)

I called yesterday to activate from the free trial period. While I knew of the $25/6 month deal, I don't want to go through the hassle every 6 months. So I got 1 year select with Travel Link for around $100 total. Call the excess the 'avoid the hassle' fee or whatever, it makes me happy enough! :)

So, let's see.... With that logic, you are willing to spend an extra $50 a year just to keep yourself from making one telephone call. You still have to call after a year.

So, let's see.... With that logic, you are willing to spend an extra $50 a year just to keep yourself from making one telephone call. You still have to call after a year.

Spot on! I know I'll call in each year, but I won't be calling every damned 6 months. Frankly if they made it just a little more of a PITA to do, I'd just cancel and be done with it.

I did the latter a few years back. The service is barely worth $25 for 6 months. The quality is terrible. I don't miss it one bit...

Same here. BBC thru my iPhone to the car radio(for volume) is all I need. And a few albums.

Anyone try and get the Lifetime Subscription recently? I called today and they say they no longer offer it.

Called to cancel today as $204/yr was way too much. They lowered me to $99/yr $112 with all fees and gave me free travellink and 1yr of traffic for free.

Called to cancel service in my wife's Escape. Got the 5 month for $25 deal. Didn't even have to fight to get it. We are good until 6/1. Already have my calendar set with a reminder to call on 5/25.

I called to cancel my trial subscription today. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no resistance, pushback, or demand for explanation as to why I did not want to keep the service after the trial period. The rep just thanked me for trying the service, informed me that the service would end on 5/4 and we ended the call.

I just can't stand the sound quality. It's terrible! Star Talk is the only thing I'll miss. But even that I can get off my phone.

I have it now and I forgot what the sound used to sound like? Then again I have the standard radio in my car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)