Caller ID

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
My Caller ID has worked almost flawlessly since the beginning.
After downloading the latest CE, my CID has quit working.
I did get a few yesterday but nothing since then.

HR20-700, since Sept of last year.
Currently running software version : Ox186.

Anyone else having problems of late ?

Jimbo

Mine was working fine, then stopped about 2 weeks ago.

The phone connection itself had a problem in the DVR, as Info/Test showed a problem (no useful error message), and the guide hadn't been updated.

A simple reset (I used the red button in the right-side panel, but I understand using the menus is better) appeared to fix the problem though.

-Chris

I am also using Vonage and have no issues. The only caveat is that I need to let the phone ring at least twice before the IRD intercepts the call data. I often answer too quickly for that though.

My CID works only on noninteractive channels. Any channel that has an interactive function of any kind then the caller ID does not pop up. On any non-interactive channel be it HD or SD the CID works fine.

I am also using Vonage and have no issues. The only caveat is that I need to let the phone ring at least twice before the IRD intercepts the call data. I often answer too quickly for that though.

apt, thats how the CID is designed... It sends a data burst after the 1st ring , so it reads it on the second ring ... most work that way, you never see CID pop up on the 1st ring.

Jimbo

I have Verizon with DSL. I had problems with on and off service with CID.
I
got rid of all my filters and put in a splitter at the outside box.
I ran a dedicated line to my router(and then to my HR20) and since then I have had no problems with CID.

My internet is about 1.5 times faster also.

I
I ran a dedicated line to my router(and then to my HR20) and since then I have had no problems with CID.

Kentstater,
I may have to try that, I too have Verizon 3.0 .
I have a few of the filters for the network interface box around here somewhere, I've just been to lazy to put it together, also have a new NI box as well, I just keep forgetting to bring my work tools home with me so I can open it.... working at the phone company has it's advantages, but only if you take the time to bring the right stuff home with you. :eureka

I'm not sure why the DSL filter would interfere with the CID burst, they've been doing DSL and CID for years now.

Jimbo

I

Interesting. Is it possible that DSL will run faster if it uses a dedicated line? I have splitter on mine for the phone and DSL.

Interesting. Is it possible that DSL will run faster if it uses a dedicated line? I have splitter on mine for the phone and DSL.

I am supposed to get 1.5 mbs from Verizon. I tested my connection using Cnet for three days before I used the splitter. It varied wildly from 1.22 down to .65. I put in the splitter and it stays @ 1.22 almost always.

There may be other factors. I put in a straight line of new wire. The old way the router was the last stop on a line that dated back to the sixties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)