Can I watch my DVR recordings from a different location?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RichManitoba

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
Madison, WI
I'm going to visit my son in Louisville,KY; I live in Madison, WI. I have scheduled some recordings on my H24-100. I understand the Genie-Go thing, but can I access my DVR from my lap-top or tablet off of his internet? I can't seem to find instructions anywhere. Thanks.

DirecTV does not have any built-in method of remote viewing of recordings. The closest thing is GenieGO, but that involves downloading already recorded shows to your device (phone, laptop, or tablet) while you're at home - then you can view the shows later on your device. GenieGO does not allow for streaming of recorded shows remotely over an internet connection.

DirecTV does not have any built-in method of remote viewing of recordings. The closest thing is GenieGO, but that involves downloading already recorded shows to your device (phone, laptop, or tablet) while you're at home - then you can view the shows later on your device. GenieGO does not allow for streaming of recorded shows remotely over an internet connection.
Incorrect, genieGo Out of home will do this for you. See https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3875

There's that option, and there's also the option of setting up a proxy, although there's not a full guarantee that this will work, and if it does, you'll both need some pretty strong connection speeds.

Slingbox for online live streaming and recorded streaming Wifi/3G 4G 4GLTE

GenieGo for offline recorded streaming. Out of home online playlist recordings streaming.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)