can someone explain about this to me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

new2dis

Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
k, im thinking of getting a fortec reciever and gonna hook it up to my existing dtv dish, so now i should be able to get the 'free' channels right? mainly i just want to see the news channels from asia.

does this reciever always need some programming done to it to see it? will it not work after a few months and i have to program it or sumthing? or does it stay the way it is forever?

im not looking into getting the 'blocked' channels just the free ones.

thanks for any help!

A DirecTV dish is too small to use. You'll need to get a separate 30" (76cm) dish and point it to probably Intelsat Americas 5 at 97.0 W, since it has the most free international channels.

And yes, as long as you leave the receiver programmed with legal firmware, it should not be affected by anti-theft measures.

Check http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html to see what you can see (if you have good line of sight to the satellites). You can only get the green and yellow satellites with a 76cm dish. On the yellow satellites you can only get the channels with 5-digit numbers in the left column. In either case (green or yellow satellite) you can only get the yellowish channels that say DVB at the top of the group of channels on any of the transponders.

BTW, welcome to SatelliteGuys.us! :)

stuff comes and goes all the time, but Tux is right
you need at least a 30" dish and a different LNB to make it work.

so i wont be able to get those asia channels on a 18" dish? I have the DTV oval dish with 3 LNB's on there.

I just checked out in the FAQ about what I can get with the 18" dish, so thats all huh.

k, thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts