Can't Catch a break with DTV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bacardiman04

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Alright, so I have had on going issues with Direct TV since is first signed up with them (over a year now). It first started out with a 5hr install of my satellite dish and four boxes 3.5 of that was the guy trying to get a signal. Then, less than a month after that I lose signal. They keep sending Tech's out and finally a "Supervisor Tech"(don't let the title fool ya...not very impressing...it basically means they graduated high school). He moves the satellite and sticks (not cement) the pole in the ground and throes the satellite up(not bolting it to the pole) needless to say this process continues, until I finally get a good tech how does his job the right way and tells me that "this job should have never been done in the first place" and that I should have been "refused service". By that time I'm 6months in to a 2yr contract and pi$$ed. Couple months go by and then my h20 box starts having issues...5 or 6 boxes later it now works(for how long?...who knows). And, now my main h20 is screwing up sorta of like the other h20 box...I have logged over 6.5 hrs on the phone with their CSR and Tech departments. Finally, a year later and definitely over 20hrs on the phone with these people I get a Technical Case Manager. He tells me that sending ANOTHER Tech Supervisor out is the first step in the process....SERIOUSLY? How much longer of this? Is there any way to get out of my contract without paying? Corporate office phone number....something?

Last edited:
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I did that with a cell company I will leave nameless and the BBB mediated a fair resolution.

Having multiple boxes go bad like that is a sign that theres something wrong in your house not with the system along the lines of an electrical issue so I would have that looked at. The other issues with the install itsself is a sad one but it does happen however I will question the statement the last tech said that it should never have been put in, if that was the case then how is it you have service at all.

Having multiple boxes go bad like that is a sign that theres something wrong in your house not with the system along the lines of an electrical issue so I would have that looked at. The other issues with the install itsself is a sad one but it does happen however I will question the statement the last tech said that it should never have been put in, if that was the case then how is it you have service at all.

Yep, I remember another member a while back chronicled the same type of events, was ranting and raving about the all the units and it turned out all along he had a home electrical issue that one of buddies (I think) discovered or mentioned to have checked. Electrician found some abnormality and then all was well in the world and he posted some sort of apology. If anyone can find that, please link to it.

When I signed up for D a few months ago I had a HR20 installed that didn't work, many of the problems were documented here. 3 more HR20's (4 in total) all failed. The first HR21 worked fine.

Yep, I remember another member a while back chronicled the same type of events, was ranting and raving about the all the units and it turned out all along he had a home electrical issue that one of buddies (I think) discovered or mentioned to have checked. Electrician found some abnormality and then all was well in the world and he posted some sort of apology. If anyone can find that, please link to it.

Never underestimate the value of proper electrical power. DVRs are computers with hard drives. Bad power will kill them.

It was a light dimmer if you're thinking of the one I was thinking of. They discovered over time that it primarily happened when the lighting was at something other than 100% or 0%.

Matt I remember that one too very recently, but about a year or 2 ago we had a user whose in-wall home wiring was not up do code or something and 1/4 of his home wall outlets were causing some sort of electrical issues with certain device types.

I put nice UPS units on both my HR20's to provide nice clean power to them. I would highly recommend that for everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)