Caught Dish in a lie

Daggerwoods

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Well, my new receiver has crashed and after an hour of technical support, I was told that they would ship me a new receiver--4 to 5 business days.

I asked for priority and told them I wanted it as soon as possible. They switched me to customer loyalty and I was told it was to ship today (saturda) for sunday delivery by Fedex. I told them that I didn't think Fedex delivered on Sunday. Guess what...I called Fedex and they don't.

Bald Faced Lie.

I don't know if they actually lied or just did not know. One can be wrong without lying. That is the difference between ignorance and misleading.

Well, my new receiver has crashed and after an hour of technical support, I was told that they would ship me a new receiver--4 to 5 business days.

I asked for priority and told them I wanted it as soon as possible. They switched me to customer loyalty and I was told it was to ship today (saturda) for sunday delivery by Fedex. I told them that I didn't think Fedex delivered on Sunday. Guess what...I called Fedex and they don't.

Bald Faced Lie.

Fedex does deliver on Sunday's. For a extra fee.

From their FAQ
Does FedEx offer weekend delivery?
Yes. Saturday delivery is available with FedEx Priority Overnight (tender your shipment on a Friday) and FedEx 2-Day (tender your shipment on a Thursday) in the majority of US cities. An additional fee applies. For Sunday delivery, we offer FedEx SameDay within the US and FedEx International Next Flight for international deliveries. Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to request

Fedex will deliver on Sunday on a same day order only. Not a priority order. Direct from Fedex customer service. Dish was shipping today for a priority delivery.

She lied because she told me they ship all the time for Sunday delivery.

Bald Faced Lie.
Not to negate that Dish can and does lie on occasion but that's not what I'd classify that as.

Bald Faced Lie.

You are the same fine fellow that said Dish was being misleading for including SD channels in the Turbo HD packages. Looks like Dish will never do right by you. This is just a mistake.

you'll get it monday so be patient. it's just one day. i've had to wait almost 5 days for replacements. go out and get some fresh air :)

Fedex will deliver on Sunday on a same day order only. Not a priority order. Direct from Fedex customer service. Dish was shipping today for a priority delivery.

She lied because she told me they ship all the time for Sunday delivery.
Just because she may have been wrong, does not mean she lied.

when my grandma had a receiver die (no signal on meter at all) I called on Wednesday night and Friday morning it was there. They said 4-5 days

This re-definition of the word "lie" started a few years in the political battles.

Any false statement by a political opponent, whether intentional or not, became a "lie".

I've noticed that this has become the norm.

Does it make any difference the receiver is going to get there when it gets there and calling someone a liar won't change the time of arrival.

This re-definition of the word "lie" started a few years in the political battles.

Any false statement by a political opponent, whether intentional or not, became a "lie".

I've noticed that this has become the norm.
That is my issue as well. I noticed that anytime anyone is simply wrong, even if they believe what they are saying to be true, others believe they are lying.

The Cubs are going to win the world series this year...
So when they don't, does that mean I lied?

OK-

Let's see:

Dish: "Your receiver will arrive on Sunday"
Me: "Fedex doesn't deliver on Sunday"
Dish: "Yes they do. We deliver all the time on Sunday with next day priority."
Me: "What time will I get it here on Sunday?"
Dish: "I'm guaranteeing it by 2:00 Sunday"
Me: "Thank you"

So I call Fedex and ask if they will deliver on Sunday because I'm skeptical. No deliveries (except same day) on Sunday. If I had not checked, I would have had to stay home all day Sunday to receive it (signature required).

How is this not a lie?

Dish might be a decent company, but the service rep I was dealing with was very misleading. When I called back, a different customer service rep stated they never deliver on Sunday. If we want to argue about it being a lie or being mistaken...bottom line it was very poor customer service.

Maybe I should have been more clear in my first post, but after 2 hours of trouble shooting and another half hour with customer service....not so happy.

The point of the post, and hopefully the value, is that no one should expect Dish to ship a receiver for Sunday delivery. There...happy now KAB?

[QUOTE
The point of the post, and hopefully the value, is that no one should expect Dish to ship a receiver for Sunday delivery. There...happy now KAB?[/QUOTE]
Nor should anyone (who's on the planet a while) expect Sunday delivery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts