CFB - National Signing Day (Recruiting)

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Well national signing day is upon us. I sure hope that my TN Vols can pull out a surprise or two.

Seems like Big East football fans pay more attention to signings than any other area of the country. I wonder why?

Sandra

Seems like Big East football fans pay more attention to signings than any other area of the country. I wonder why?

Sandra

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. When Terrel Pryor was being recruited, it was national news, especially for the Big 10 teams that wanted him.

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State.

Arrrgh, TN just lost receiver Marlon Brown to Ohio State. This is looking like a bad day for me already.

Sandra

I disagree with that. It is huge in the Big 10(11) and in the SEC.

marcus-hall-glenville-ohio-state.png

Jim Tressel has added Cleveland's own, Marcus Hall to his list of commitments to the 2009 team. Ranked sixth overall at Rivals.com, Hall brings a huge 300-lb frame that recorded 86 pancake blocks as a high school senior.

Glenville lineman Marcus Hall chooses Ohio State Cleveland, Ohio Sports News, Scores, Teams, Results & More - cleveland.com

I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. When Terrel Pryor was being recruited, it was national news, especially for the Big 10 teams that wanted him.

Ohio State
Michigan
Penn State.

That was driven much more by the press than by the fans.

Sandra

That was driven much more by the press than by the fans.

Sandra

I enjoy following it. Maybe it's based on locality? There's a lot of local High Schools in the Cleveland area that the Buckeye's tend to target ie: Glenville, St. Ignatius, St. Ed's, etc.... Maybe since us local Ohioans are familiar with the in-state recruits, it makes it more exciting and meaningful for us.

Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr, Brian Robiskie, Beanie Wells, Anthony Gonzalez, all from Cleveland/surrounding area high schools.

I enjoy following it. Maybe it's based on locality? There's a lot of local High Schools in the Cleveland area that the Buckeye's tend to target ie: Glenville, St. Ignatius, St. Ed's, etc.... Maybe since us local Ohioans are familiar with the in-state recruits, it makes it more exciting and meaningful for us.

Troy Smith, Ted Ginn Jr, Brian Robiskie, Beanie Wells, all from Cleveland/surrounding area high schools.

There are also a lot of high schools in western PA., and I get excited when Pitt gets a local kid.:)

Sweet, TN just picked up Darren Myles 4 star safety from the Atlanta area!

Jim Tressel has added Cleveland's own, Marcus Hall to his list of commitments to the 2009 team. Ranked sixth overall at Rivals.com, Hall brings a huge 300-lb frame that recorded 86 pancake blocks as a high school senior.

Can you say "second coming of Orlando Pace?"

Corey Peters stays in the state of KY. He is a Defensive Tackle who Michigan, Ohio State, and Auburn wanted really bad.

The U has had a verbal from the SUPPOSED #1 recruit in the country, RB Bryce Brown. Unless I missed it, they are waiting for word on the #1 WR in Rueben Randle, who has been leaning heavily toward Miami...that would be HUGE!! I was sort of hoping they pick up another QB with Marve leaving. ALSO waiting for work on Orson Charles, the supposed #3 TE in the country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts