CH 218 MOR Gone?

Who knows we can only speculate of what's up. From what I have heard in the past the shopping channels pay for each item purchased.

channels like MOR were just shopping channels at one time however now they are changing the channels making them real channels not shopping channels. I can only speculate that because of less shopping Dish is earning less on these channels.

Or we could speculate that Dish was leasing space to a shopping channel and they used the channels to make real channels, thus launching channels on Dish for less then what it normally costs to launch a national entertainment channel.

Just speculation but something which makes you go hmm.

Sounds VERY likely.

I guess you got me there!! I guess if the sales REP. spoke proper english ,I would have understood his 1000 word per minute sentence.
Cheap shots aside, you agreed to this when you signed the paperwork when your system was installed. I presume the person who did this was "american".
You want to stick up for Dish thats fine...
I'm not sticking up for Dish.

And my 2 bits...

lakebum431 is probably right, "people would probably miss the music channels more than these," but I agree with crappieguy.

I always thought the R&R channel (216) was a waste of crude oil and TMG's web site (at least several months ago) was even more of a waste of human efforts.

The MOR channel (218) seem to have a few shows that wasn't too bad. I usually recorded the "Ranch & Resort Real Estate" show on Sunday mornings and then watch it later when I can fast forwarded through it, since most of the individuals segments are reruns. I won't miss it, if interested, I can watch it on the internet.

So, I think we should get rid of all of the music channels, these 8 channels, and many more.

If fact, we only need 3 channels, "The Weather Channel," "HNN," and "TVGN!" And now that they add Larry King to HNN in the mornings, I'm watching HNN less. May have to switch to "FOXNWS." :D

Guess I'll call Dish afterwhile and tell them I'll sign-up for something if they keep those 8 channels off the air. :D

EDIT: And a cartoon channel for the kids.:)

disappointed

Well, my husband was very disappointed last night when he discovered that MOR was gone. He has been laid up for 3 weeks following knee surgery, and really enjoyed watching the hunting shows on that channel. I agree that we don't need a zillion shopping channels (or music channels either), but MOR (from what I have seen the past 3 weeks) was not a shopping channel. I just wish that DISH would give a little advanced warning, or some explanation, when programming changes.

On another note...not all of us DISH viewers are HD capable, so the idea of losing more regular channels to provide one more HD channel does not appeal to me.

Well, my husband was very disappointed last night when he discovered that MOR was gone. He has been laid up for 3 weeks following knee surgery, and really enjoyed watching the hunting shows on that channel. I agree that we don't need a zillion shopping channels (or music channels either), but MOR (from what I have seen the past 3 weeks) was not a shopping channel. I just wish that DISH would give a little advanced warning, or some explanation, when programming changes.

On another note...not all of us DISH viewers are HD capable, so the idea of losing more regular channels to provide one more HD channel does not appeal to me.
I agree !! I like HD but I'm not about to give up SD programming for it. Sorry Dish!!

Cheap shots aside, you agreed to this when you signed the paperwork when your system was installed. I presume the person who did this was "american".
I'm not sticking up for Dish.
No hard feelings toward you.It just sucks that they got rid of the 1 channel out of the bunch that wasn't that bad. To bad they couldn't just keep MOR.

Well, my husband was very disappointed last night when he discovered that MOR was gone. He has been laid up for 3 weeks following knee surgery, and really enjoyed watching the hunting shows on that channel.

I imagine Outdoor Channel would be a better substitute for MOR. there should be plenty of hunting, fishing and there is even an aviation show or two!

I imagine Outdoor Channel would be a better substitute for MOR. there should be plenty of hunting, fishing and there is even an aviation show or two!

Been there done that.
May have to go back. Oh well I called and made my complaint. All I can do.

But that was a good idea about FTA. I may have to set up a few of those for some folks before they go into withdrawals..

Why did Dish Network drop 8 channels yesterday???

I can't get a straight answer as to why Dish Network dropped 8 channels yesterday. Gem Shopping and AAN were related to my business. Does anyone have the straight
scoop?:mad: Are they going to come back on??? Thanks.

If Dish was in negotiations with TMG and the current contract expired, Dish has made it clear in the past that they will stop broadcasting those channels as they had lost the right to do so.

The only surprising thing was the minimal notice given. Both sides were well aware of the end of the contract and both sides could have issued a release alerting subscribers to the possibility of the loss of these 8 channels from the Dish line-up. Maybe Dish and TMG thought it was a done deal, then some snag cropped up in the eleventh hour to scotch the deal.

Retired: Since those are "shopping channels," I believe that they pay DISH to carry their channels, rather that vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)