CH 218 MOR Gone?

I loved MOR, a lot more than outdoor channel. I for one am pissed off big time for losing this channel, as well as my dad. ]

Also if this is a take off SD channels for more HD, then I'm cancelling dish right now and going back to cable! just because 99.8% of the members only give a crap about HD, I don't get HD, nor will i pay an extra 20 bucks to get HD from dish!

I have to admit, I never thought I'd see the "America's Top Shopping Channels" package being threatened.

Nor would I have expected to see this level of response.

FWIW, why aren't all the shopping channels bundled with the Free PI Pack? More viewers = More $$$, right?

I have never watched these channels as i had always believed channels in that slot were always informertial channels.

QVC is moving to 139 because of a new deal with Dish so that you can order products via remote control.

Once again, Charlie is having a bad case of PMS. This is when he usually removes channels and fights with the other party over the contract. When his PMS is over, he usually starts re-transmission of the channels.

Oh well, who gives a crap, but did you know Setanta is coming in Aug. Oh sorry we talked about that in another thread. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

i wonder if the channels where paying to be on Dish and now Dish wants more money..

I remember when those channels where added there was a bunch of posts here that it was a waste of space, of course as others have said the channels have developed over the years.

The shopping channels are a waste of space and I could care less if they were gone but the Mens channel wasn't. It carried different hunting/fishing shows that the Outdoor Channel didn't. Heck, I even have about 5 timers set for that channel. If you're not into hunting or fishing, you probably wouldn't like the channel and could care less if it was removed.
We all know Dish plays hardball with these companies and won't hesitate removing them from the lineup. Most here don't have a problem with Dish kepping our bill low. The problem is that there was no warning that this (these) channel(s) were on the chopping block. This is unexcusable. In my opinion, TNG was paying Dish to broadcast these channels and now wants to make a little money. Dish didn't like the price so here we are. I might be wrong but that is my $.02.

THis is so funny to me. I had to get DIRECTV just for the "101" channel for my wife's soap "Passions" which hasn't started yet till 9/17/07. The cheapest way to get it was to become an international customer and take the Italian channel for 9.99 and then I could get the basic english pack for 9.99 or about $21.50 a month . Guess what makes up the basic english pack? Nothing but religious and SHOPPING channels and the one channel I need : 101. Even the family pack doesn't have the 101 channel. So I guess if you really want the shopping channels you could do what I did. It isn't really any more silly than what we are doing to get one show : Passions.

Channels No Longer Available
Effective immediately, the below channels are no longer available on DISH Network.

-- Men’s Outdoor Recreation – ch. 218
-- iDrive – ch. 221
-- Healthy Living Channel – ch. 223
-- iShop – ch.224
-- Men’s 2 - ch. 219
-- Resorts and Residence – ch. 216
-- Water – ch. 217
-- Beauty and Fashion – ch. 225

DISH Network offers many other home shopping and lifestyle programming options such as HSN, QVC, Shop at Home, Food Network, Fine Living and The Golf Channel.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

With no explanation...

I guess my letter to E* did some good.

Also if this is a take off SD channels for more HD, then I'm cancelling dish right now and going back to cable! just because 99.8% of the members only give a crap about HD, I don't get HD, nor will i pay an extra 20 bucks to get HD from dish!

Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better.

I think you and jhamps need to get with the program or get left behind.

BTW, dont think cable can save you either, they are making the same push by dropping analogs and moving them to digital. Youll need a box soon for them too.

...but the Mens channel wasn't. It carried different hunting/fishing shows that the Outdoor Channel didn't.
Oh please. On Dish, you can watch hunting and fishing shows for 24 hours a day -- and still miss some of them.

Next we'll have poker and strongman competition fans complaining. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, plenty of major sporting events watched by millions of people worldwide (such as skiing and sailing) get can't get on TV at all.

I loved MOR, a lot more than outdoor channel. I for one am pissed off big time for losing this channel, as well as my dad. ]

There are two sides to every story. I could give a crap about SD, I don't get SD from dish, I currently have HD standalone package with 622 DVR($33)! I don't like the fact they are forcing me next month to pay 30 bucks for A100 SD that I won't watch in order to keep HD!

What's your opinion on this?

I have no idea on the MOR/Dish Network issue but I wanted to throw out a theory and see what y'all think about it.

First off, it would seem highly unlikely that TMG (MOR) did not know something was likely to happen with Dish. I mean, if the truth is that they were negotiating a contract... then they would not be completely side-swiped by Dish (would they)?

Secondly, I had heard a rumor that Dish and TMG have had some kind of unique deal across the entire Dish Network including their 8 channels (that were recently pulled). When TMG went and put their channels on DirecTV (they paid a lot of money to get those extra millions of households with DirecTV). When Dish found out that TMG went to the competition (with lots of CASH)... it didn't sit well with Dish and they pulled the plug.

Does this sound plausible or just a conspiracy theory?

I like conspiracy theories and welcome thoughts that make sense. I guess we will all find out the "spin" very soon (and the TRUTH some time later).

While I have no desire to see these channels come back based upon their content. I do want them back if they are paying E* for the air time, because otherwise my monthly bill may go up to replace that revenue.

Meanwhile, plenty of major sporting events watched by millions of people worldwide (such as skiing and sailing) get can't get on TV at all.

Skiing I get. But how do you "watch" sailing? From a buoy? It seems to me like you might possibly see the begining and the end of that "sporting" event, but none of the meat and potatoes. I never watched, but iDrive seems like it had potential. However, I am building a motor for my truck + I now have the wife's "new" 79 vette in the garage and watching those types of shows make me feel like I am slacking. :eek:

Now their is a MUST have channel for us all... Buoy Cam channel... featuring 24 hours of seagull dung and the occasional shot of cleaning the leans...

In HD of course

I wish Dish would go on a channel cleaning binge...

Is It Worth The Risk Anymore?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)