Cinemax for 1 year for .01 w/ autopay/paperless billing

Just did it. to.

However, the scripts do not match, so does someone know, because my CSR did not. the promo script said 12 mo, however the "terms" stated 2010. anyone know?

My csr said it would renew @ 1 penny per year for 3 years, as long as i had autopay and paperless biling.

Just tried to sign up through the 800 number, they said it couldn't be done of you are billed through the phone company. That sucks.

I especially liked recording Ice Age: The Meltdown and then having two minutes of "Sin City Diaries" at the end of it.
Does anyone know if you can edit a recording to delete the last few minutes?

Of course the default is to add 2 min before and after the set recording times. So maybe folks recording movies on skinemax for their kids need to over ride these settings.

Talon Dancer

Of course the default is to add 2 min before and after the set recording times. So maybe folks recording movies on skinemax for their kids need to over ride these settings.

I set my defaults to 0 on both ends a long time ago because otherwise I was missing recordings due to overlap causing more than 2 to be scheduled at a time. That's not the whole of the problem. Sometimes, the guide just isn't accurate to the minute, period. (Movie channels usually round the running time up.) Other times, the program length is right but it starts about 30 seconds early or late. (Not just broadcast channels either -- SciFi seems to be doing that a lot.)

Well, that's one direction media - a tape.

Here we have separate files.
Practically, it will be not that hard task to write the function for cut tale by user mark, but you know how tight Dish keep the SW.

Just try recording it again, setting early start and late end to 0. Hopefully they will get it right the next time around. Off topic... sometimes it would be handy to have an "early end" selection. This would be one of those times.

I'm pretty upset that I'm unable to get this deal because I have it bundled through my telephone company. I'm seeing that no one else has had any luck either...

Pretty maddening first post, huh?

I had a guy on the phone that wanted to do it ... he had me on hold for forever. He said that he even set me up for paperless billing and autopay with my card #. Then, when he came back, he said I didn't qualify for my paperless bill because of the bundle with my phone company.

My thing, however, is the fact that when the bill is sent over to the telco, it's already paid for (whether the customer pays it or not!). In addition to that, there is no paper bill generated because all that info is sent over to the telco to be place on their bill electronically.

So, in essence, they already have me on autopay and paperless billing ... now why can't I take advantage?

(I know that there isn't much I can do, just feels good to vent sometimes.)

Anyone know how long the promotion will last? I'm thinking of unbundling with the phone company in which case I lose $5 bucks a month but also get cinemax for a .01 , so the net is my cinemax costs $5.01, not too bad. has anyone unbundled and how long does it take?

Anyone know how long the promotion will last? I'm thinking of unbundling with the phone company in which case I lose $5 bucks a month but also get cinemax for a .01 , so the net is my cinemax costs $5.01, not too bad. has anyone unbundled and how long does it take?

But if you don't unbundle isn't Cinemax going to cost you $5 more a month? If you are paying $5 less because of bundling, and if you are on the DVR advantage, a premium costs $10/month, you would pay less staying put, ;)

So, in essence, they already have me on autopay and paperless billing ... now why can't I take advantage?

Because you are a customer of AT&T, not Dish Network. AT&T resells Dish Network service, similar to how Helio or Virgin Wireless resell Sprint's cellphone service and market it under their own brand names.

I'm pretty upset that I'm unable to get this deal because I have it bundled through my telephone company. I'm seeing that no one else has had any luck either...

Pretty maddening first post, huh?

I sent an email to the ceo address about this. I'm bundled through CenturyTel and this is the response I got:

Mr. Dubose,

We apologize for the delay in answering, unfortunately at this time the Annual Cinemax for a Penny Update is currently unavailable for bundle billed customers, we hope to be able to provide you with a similar offer in the future. Please check back with us at a later time.

Thank you,
Executive Resolution Team
The part about the delay is because it took them about three weeks to get back to me. I even sent a second email asking about it again. Maybe they'll get us something one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Because you are a customer of AT&T, not Dish Network. AT&T resells Dish Network service, similar to how Helio or Virgin Wireless resell Sprint's cellphone service and market it under their own brand names.

But the company that we get it from doesn't rebrand the service, it is Dish Network just bundled on my bill. I had Dish prior to getting my phone service and they just combined my billing. So there is no difference in products. I even talk to Dish when I have a problem rather than talking to my phone company or their techs...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)