Cleveland OHio hd locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
Columbus Ohio hd locals

Does anyone know if or when Columbus Ohio HD locals may come online. Thanks.

ANyone know when dish will get cleveland ohio hd locals up. Also which satellite is it expected to be on? Thanks.

Cleveland or Columbus ?? You can only get one or the other.... Just like your other thread (you could ask two questions in one thread, by the way), no one knows.

Well i'm not sure that's another question i need to ask. I currently have pittsburgh hd locals cause i "moved" to pittsburgh pa hd locals. That was in february so i could get hd locals. HOwever i'm a big browns fan and their's always drawbacks to "moving" with the regional sports thing. I was thinking about "moving" to the cleveland market and then i thought well i might be out of spot beam range for that market. Possibly the only other locals i could pick up for hd would be out of columbus. I'm not sure how far the spotbeams go though. I think i would be ok to do that? I know columbus channels show a lot of the browns games. I know their hd channels on dish are not online yet and wondered when they would be. OH and sorry about the 2 thread thing people.

Well i'm not sure that's another question i need to ask. I currently have pittsburgh hd locals cause i "moved" to pittsburgh pa hd locals. That was in february so i could get hd locals. HOwever i'm a big browns fan and their's always drawbacks to "moving" with the regional sports thing. I was thinking about "moving" to the cleveland market and then i thought well i might be out of spot beam range for that market. QUOTE]

I'm a huge Browns fans also (living in Erie, PA- "moved" to Cleveland). I'm wondering if E* makes the Cleveland markets available in HD before the end of the football season. DTV has them. Why not Dish?

I too am an out of market sports fan trying to get my locals. I'm definitely out of my preferred spot beam, though. I am from New England, but stuck in Texas (in the Army).

Boston HD Locals (big 4 only) are sent out on the 61.5 CONUS feed. I have a home in NH and one in Texas. I would love to make my service address NH so I can pay for locals and get the Boston HD locals (the NH address qualifies).

Does anyone know if this is even physically possible? I don't think I'd go through with it, because if it doesn't work, my wife would kill me while we sorted it all out with no TV.

Also, there's the regional sports net (NESN) issue. How do I tell if that is sent out on a CONUS feed or a spot beam. I can get NESN as part of the sports pack, but they block out all the Red Sox games (understandable) and pre- and post-game shows, and anything esle with "a significant amount of game footage," (which seems excessive). If that's on a CONUS feed and I have a service address that is within the primary market, will the games be blocked out?

Thanks for any advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)