Cold Weather issue

Well my single node installation was working, until the sun went down. Then the Hopper displays error 835-A problem has been detected with your satellite dish connections. If the weather is bad, please wait until the weather passes and run check switch again. When retesting, it only does test 1 of 1 on all three tuners. Then I get the 835 error again.

Any ideas.

**NEW TEST***
Now I put it back out in the attic which is near an outside vent but this time I wrapped it in a beach towel to see if that keeps its warm enough.
Its been warmer out side these days so it may take a while for a good test.

I think there is another symptom to this issue. In my 2H/2J setup, they Joey's (each using different Hoppers) will randomly show a blank screen, whether watching live TV or a recording. The screen will go blank for 5-60 seconds, after which the program continues on its schedule (not when it went blank). You can rewind to see what was missed.

We are sorry about this issue and everyone experiencing problems related to cold weather and Duo Nodes. We have identified the problem and if you are one of the users who is still encountering these problems, please send us a PM with your first and last name, account number and 4 digit security code or last 4 digits of your SSN and we will assist in getting a technician sent out to resolve the problem.

This issue is occurring due to an problem with specific LNBs and the older model Duo Nodes that were distributed. The symptoms are listed below.

• Signal acquisition onscreen message 015 or other signal loss related messages.
  • Failed check switch test, where the LNBF type cannot be identified and orbital locations are missing for each satellite input.

The issue may be occurring if someone has an older model node and is using one of the following LNBFs that have the following serial number prefix markings identified by the 1st 6 characters of the serial number. (see attachement)

D1000.4 WA Triple LNBF, A122A7
D1000.4 WA Triple LNBF, A72201

D1000.2 Triple LNBF, A11201,A11202,A11203
D1000.2 Triple LNBF, A71201,A71202,A71203

D1000.4 EA Triple LNBF, A71C01

If you have an older model Duo Node and are experiencing these issues, then the LNBF needs to be replaced. An updated Duo Node design is already in inventory to enable all LNBF versions to be used in cold weather conditions. Updated Duo Nodes may be identified by black dots on the carton and unit labels. (see attachment)

Attachments

• Serial Number.jpg
    Serial Number.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Updated Duo Node.jpg
    Updated Duo Node.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Well I just went out and checked my LNB and node.

The duo node has no dot and I have the triple LNB A71201. We have had single digit temps with no problems yet but upgraded just a few months ago. The installer did get the error 015 and spent about 2 hours extra initially getting the hoppers authorized.
Should I wait and see what happens or get a new LNB?

Well I just went out and checked my LNB and node.

The duo node has no dot and I have the triple LNB A71201. We have had single digit temps with no problems yet but upgraded just a few months ago. The installer did get the error 015 and spent about 2 hours extra initially getting the hoppers authorized.
Should I wait and see what happens or get a new LNB?

I would wait, if it acts up usually dish can roll a text within a day or two. Is your node outside?

I would probably get it replaced just in case so you don't run into the problem later on when the techs schedules are full and you end up with problems for longer than you should.

I will PM the Software Team and see what they think.
Thanks

lucky86 - if you still wish to mess around with this, you might try packing the node with dry ice to see what happens. Don't touch the dry ice with bare skin.

LNB was replaced. Tech said it was an old one without the "HD on the label". He did not have a black-dot Duo Node.

We should know tonight if the issue is fixed (although it is going to be a few degrees warmer tonight).

Did you have to pay the $15 fee to have a tech come out to replace the LNB known to not be compatible\defective.
Checking online it says with the $7 a month Home Protection plan there is a $15 fee for all tech visits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts