computer help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
i got kinda old pc and i still like how its runs and all, but about 2 or 3 weeks when i started to make video my computer just automatic restart, and from that point if i do anything like play videos, burn dvds, if i go some web sites and more, is that fan issue? thanks

If it's on for an inconsistent amount of time and then reboots when you ask it to do certain things, could be a heat issue, yeah. Worth opening up and spraying all the fans with some compressed air, get the gremlins out of them. That's the easiest troubleshooting step anyways...

D/L core temp and it will tell you your PC's stats; its free and 110% safe just watch for the add-ons. Your dump log should also shed some light on the unplanned restarts.

Here is my example under very low moderate stress loads. If you boot into your mobo you should also see your running sys temps.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 168
i had a guy came yesterday and he say my External Hard Drive was problem, my 5th External Hard Drive that died on me, and then he say start looking for a new pc!, how do you make External Hard Drive last? i got 2 questions i got Nero 7 will that work for Windows 7? and will Office XP will that work for Windows 7? or should i buy the new versions? thanks

how do you make External Hard Drive last?
Don't touch it while it runs. For 3.5" drives especially, make sure the drive has good ventilation. Don't unplug the drive without doing "Safe Remove" first. Don't run external drives for hours and days non-stop. External drives are for storage and should be connected temporarily only. Otherwise they may overheat. If you need to use a drive all the time - make it an internal drive, or it least make sure it has a fan. Fans in old computers may not run as well as in newer ones, besides, there will be more dust inside the older computers preventing good air flow. Do not run computers without cover - that will stop the air flow inside.

i got 2 questions i got Nero 7 will that work for Windows 7? and will Office XP will that work for Windows 7? or should i buy the new versions? thanks

I see on the Internet someone mentioned that v7.5.7 is the one that supports Windows 7. Not sure if it supports 32-bit Windows 7 only or 64-bit as well.
I haven't tried that, but I am pretty sure that Office XP will run, though it's so old, it might be time to upgrade. Good luck!

thanks, i am sure i will have more question coming, here and there thanks, for answering my External Hard Drive question, i had 5 die on me! with alot stuff on them

ok, i going to Customize a HP PC, and i got a question i want Office, will it come pre-load or with the disk? thanks

Ask HP to be sure. Most likely with a disk, but you won't be able to install and activate it on several computers at once. The OEM license is for that computer only. However, if you want to reinstall that computer from scratch, having a disk could be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

like it said Office software SAVE $20 on Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010 , i don't need the full version and i won't be share it with anyone but disk would be nice, here what i thinking of getting - p7xt series Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit] Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 quad-core processor [3.1GHz, 6MB cache] Memory 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] Hard drive 2TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive Office software SAVE $20 on Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2010 Security software No additional security software Graphics card 512MB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6450 [DVI, HDMI. VGA adapter] Primary optical drive SuperMulti DVD Burner Secondary optical drive SuperMulti DVD Burner Networking Integrated Ethernet port, No wireless LAN Productivity ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, audio TV & entertainment experience TV tuner, ATSC-NTSC with PVR, remote Sound Card Integrated sound Keyboard and Mouse HP keyboard and optical mouse $1,068.99 and i would buy Nero

i got one small question some if i wanted a tv tuner can i go buy something like Hauppauge - TV HD Stick USB 2.0 TV Tuner with PVR

can anyone please tell how to make the web page fill up the whole browser in firefox? & others bowers and make the text bigger? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)