Considering 2nd IPod, questions first...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I currently own an IPod classic and have it loaded with my music collection along with ITunes. But my question is this, I'm thinking I may buy my 8 year old daughter an IPod Nano for Christmas this year. First, can I sync both IPods to my computer to Itunes without any problems? Second, can I only sync certain music from my ITunes collection to the new IPod? I have a lot of 80's & 90's rock music that my daughter would not have any interest in listening to. And she has some music she would want on her IPod that I would not want on mine. Can you pick and choose what you want to sync?

1) Assuming you're using the same iTunes library you can sync both iPods to the same computer without any problems. If you're using separate Windows log-in accounts there will be some issues with sharing different iTunes libraries.

2) There is a syncing options for your iPod ( for example you could create a separate music folder in iTunes with your daughter's music choices and just sync that folder to your daughter's iPod).

yeah just use one account, and it will work fine. I work with 4 ipods using to the same account. I just set the ipods on manual transfer and not sync; as I don't all the same stuff on each ipod.

3 iPod family here, and that's the same way we do it.

Actually thinking about it, I have a 30gb classic, a 8gb touch, my son has a 4gb nano and a new 5th gen 16gb nano, and my wife has my old 20gb classic.... so I guess 5. :D

AND if I get what I want for Christmas (a 160gb classic for me), it will be 6. ;)

yeah just use one account, and it will work fine. I work with 4 ipods using to the same account. I just set the ipods on manual transfer and not sync; as I don't all the same stuff on each ipod.

Same way here, We juggle four of them on one PC.

Libraries couldn't be any more different than night and day.

4 in the house and I STILL don't have one. I use my Blackberry and an 8gb card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts